Mini-corps projects

I thought it might be interesting to find out who has a mini-corps project in the works for 2007 - or even plans for later on?

Is yours "attached" to a field or other "main" corps or is it an independent or alumni group?

What performance plans do you have?

Will the group be created mainly to compete at DCA/Rochester? Or are there other plans?

Tell us the thinking behind the creation of your mini-corps, and how members are enjoying it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

I'll start. The Amoskeag Sound is sponsored by the Manchester, NH Muchachos All Age corps. So with that said ours is "attached" to a field unit. However we allow folks who do not march in the Muchachos to play with us so we are open to anyone wanting to participate.

Our immediate performance plans are the Buglers Hall of Fame competition in Bridgeport in March and the MCA invitational in Harrisburg in April. We are a member of MCA before we really got our mini corps started. We're really looking forward to entertain the masses at both these events. If things go well for us you can expect us to be in Rochester too.

Our group was created for several reasons, the primary reason was to have an outlet for members of the corps who wanted more of a challenge & play more charts and more challenging charts. We're also anticipating being used by the Muchachos to "fill in" if the whole corps can't take a gig the organization still has a group to send. So with that we plan on doing more than just compete.

Another interesting story for us is our name. We really wanted a name different from the Muchachos because we didn't want to be limited to "Latin" music. Not that there's anything wrong with Latin music but we wanted more choices. We also wanted a separate identity and one that has ties to Manchester. Google "Amoskeag" and you'll see that we have done that.

We're still getting off the ground but so far our members are loving it and really looking forward to putting on a good show.

Dave

The 07' edition of Star United Minicorps will return to Rochester to compete in the Minicorps event at I&E. We are a performance ensemble of the Star Alumni Association and based in Indianapolis, IN. The corps is primarily made up of former members of Star of Indiana D&B Corps, Star of Indiana's Brass Theater, and the various productions of Blast. We plan on several local & regional performances as well as making the trip to DCA. The minicorps was created in the spring of 06' primarily to satisfy a core group of SAA members who wished to socialize and play on a regular basis. SAA also is the home to the larger Star Alumni D&B Corps which we hope to bring out for a public performance in the near future.

I don't want to assume, nor speak for anyone. But, I think that there are more mini-corps in the works (or planned) than you might think.

I'll keep a running list of those we hear from in this thread.

So far, with solid plans to perform in 2007:

Amoskeag Sound

Capital Brass!

Star United

Edited by brassomaniac

I know that Carolina Gold is doing something along those lines. Im not sure what.

Crossmen Xtreme

Frontier's sponsored mini-corps 'The Outlaws' will definitely be making an appearance this year, finally ;)

oh yeah,...............out of the first couple years of DCA Mini Corps competition,.................we are the only Mini Corps still here,..............................

and I LOVED you guys last year!

So, I guess we're moving you to the definite plans list!

Edited by brassomaniac