THANKS! to 20th Century Limited!

I am not a spokesman for 20th Century Ltd., so they might correct some of this info. But I just had to share this:

The 20th Century Limited Senior Drum and Bugle Corps was kind enough to let a few of us sit in on rehearsal last night.

What a great bunch of people!

The corps rehearses about an hour and a half south of Albany, in Highland, NY. And they really have something going on there.

Brass Arranger / Instructor Hank Mikolajeski is really getting a great sound out of the horn line and they have a pretty large book of tunes under their fingers. I think we worked on 7 tunes in just a couple of hours. And Batman - wow - I loved that tune - wish Hank would let us use that up here!

Amedeo Bruni is the Director and Percussion Arranger/Instructor and WHAT A DRUM LINE! 7 OR 8 SNARES LAST NIGHT (okay, it was late - I just forget)

The line is, big, mature and tight.

They also have first class instruction and equipment and are totally organized. And they're celebrating their 15th anniversary this year, with the parade season about to start.

If you live somewhere in the greater Hudson Valley of NY State, and you're looking for an opportunity to play, you should check them out.

You can contact them thru their website at: http://www.tcl.org/

Edited by brassomaniac

:worthy: 20th Century is awesome ....they get the job done ...they get my vote ... as one of the hardest working Almni corps ever

Hank is awesome ...Amedeo is working hard to make things work up there plus its nice to have such good friends up there in Highland NY

keep working hard it will payoff in the long run ....a special hello to Rick, Rachel and crew...and you already know i have a special... _ _ _ _

you ......to all the rest of my friends up there /....best wishes ....

Flintstone.... :blink:

• 2 months later...

What a GREAT bunch of people - and talented players as well.

Hooked up with these guys this weekend, in Hudson and had a great time.

They play a pretty large and fun parade book and are very impressive on the street, with a huge, tight drumline and a well-rehearsed brass section.

Thanks for making us feel so much at home with you this weekend!