Need Some Help

I was just wondering if there are people out there who are willing to loan me some advice about becoming a new Drum Corps member. Like, what should I expect in the audition process, the people I might run into/might want to avoid/might want to meet, music recommendations for audition pieces, supplies (things the list said to bring, but you never used/things the list didn't mention, but you really needed later on), recommendated DOT books (folder or index cards?), how much of what should I really bring, etc.

I really don't want to go unprepared! :-P

I'd prefer advice from Crossmen and Santa Clara Vanguard members, but anything from anyone is appreciated too.

I'm hoping to try out on Baritone, but I'm not sure if those corps weight more on their Baritone line or their Contra line (I might go for Contra as well). I'm asking this because I'm a somewhat new Baritone player (played for 1 whole marching band season, working on 2nd). I just want to know if it would be easier for me to make these corps on Baritone or Contra. I could easily get lessons on either instrument, and I want to know which one I should focus on more to be accepted.

Also, if they weight them the same, could I try out on Baritone and Contra? Or do I have to pick just one?

there are definitely people on here who can give better answers than me, but I'll try anyway. As far as which instrument you should audition for, I think it might depend more on you. Have you played tuba or contra before? If so, do you like it more than baritone? Also, many times, the contras used in drum corps are larger than those used in most marching bands, so it's not always just like playing any tuba. The most important thing is probably that you should audition on the instrument you like best. I would say don't try out on contra just because you think you'd have a better chance of making it (which may or may not be true). LOTS of practice on your favorite horn would be your best bet IMO. Good Luck!