Houston? We need a review

and a special thank you to Teal Sound and Revolution for swinging by on their way to Pasadena.

Great job GCS Thanks for letting the Arabia shriners to be a part of it. And also thanks for the donation to the Shriners Hospitals.

As for my review, I agree all the corps played great. Masquarade With the bead toss to start their show was my son's favorite part. Good to see each corps improving over the summer.Best of luck to all as they continue on for the rest of the season.

Craig Zlatnik

Arabia Shrine

Drum And Bugle Corps

We went on, and did pretty good. I opted to modify(upon request) ampers tendancies by putting a longer delay before the drum tracks since we were doing the queueing ourselves this time around. Which worked well, but for our last number the delay seemed a bit tooo long. We did well. And it seemed well received. This is to my knowledge our last show for this season. Sorry fans, come see us, or be with us next season.

Great job on your Tuba solo there, Shadow!! Looking forward to seeing what Austin puts out next year!

I won't review because I just don't do that for shows we are in, lol.

But I will say that everything I heard sounded great.

Austin Stars have a solid foundation to build a future powerhouse. I am very proud of what Masquerade has accomplished in year one (and they are under the FPAA umbrella, which is way cool). I think these two are going to be rivals soon, and that just makes the whole region better.

And I am very proud of GCS. They've accomplished a lot since I was a member in 04 and helping on staff. It's great to have Frontier and GCS be so close competitively right now, I think it pushes us both, and will hopefully help drive more people to see DCA shows in the state.

Frontier has gone through a lot of adversity, but we are making huge leaps every day. I am very excited. We always seem to do better under a little pressure, lol.

GCS ran a great show, esp with the rain and mud, and I am not just saying that. They have found a way to have a successful DCA show in an area that knows little about DCA... yet.

So thank you guys for a great show, and looking forward to meeting up again in Rochester!

Thanks Chris. And, thanks for bringing Frontier again. Anytime we can hang out with you guys is a good time!

GCDCA put a LOT of work into this show since 2005. In fact, they're starting TONIGHT on the 2008 edition!! No rest for the weary.

Good things are happening down here, but we can't take all the credit. The seeds for all this success were planted in 1991 when Gulf Coast Drum Corps Associates (GCDCA) and Bayou City Blues Senior Drum & Bugle Corps were formed. It may have taken a while for everything to come to fruition, but it's an honor to be a part of the team that is doing it.

Special thanks to Teal Sound and Revolution. Both are truly class acts and it was an honor to share the field with them.

I can't wait to see Masq and Austin Stars get up to full strength. And, as always, it was a blast to watch the Arabia Shrine go to town!

Looking forward to next year and having everyone back. I can't promise it won't be wet and muddy or hot and humid, but it WILL be a lot of fun!!

Edited by ContraMarine272

Great job on your Tuba solo there, Shadow!! Looking forward to seeing what Austin puts out next year!

Thanks. The odd thing is that I consider myself a Euphonium player, and don't really know how to play Tuba much. And the guy who was playing Euph was a Tuba major in college. We talked about switching but re-memorizing the tunes was not in the time table. As it was I switched to Tuba about halfway into the season as was a bit behind in memorizing the music for Tuba. Which probably showed in the eight or so bars I was vamping the previous four measures due to my faulty memory. It's a lot easier to memorize music when there's someone else on the same part standing next to you, which we just didn't have this season.

And after all that I noticed that one of the corps also played King 1141's, or what looked like 1141's. And I noticed the contra player who caught and carried his leadpipe after snapping the horn down. But I never bothered noticing how they hold the thing. And otherwise maneuver it about. That particular King is definitely not a parade horn. I'm just glad we didn't have any parades this year.