2008 Show Venues

I heard lots and lots of good things about Stanford, at least from those affiliated with corps. Don't know how the fans felt.

If DCI ever returns to Sun Devil Stadium, I hope the organizers learned from this year's fiasco. They need large electric fans to blow the hot air out of the tunnels and in the concession area. Also need to open more than one concession window. It was miserable. It was a great crowd, though, and even set through a 40-minute rain delay. Felt like Florida weather to be honest.

Oh yeah, they need to not tape off the areas. We were crammed in there in aluminum seating and SDS was built in the 50s -- limited access areas in an out. Wife and I went home with aching backs in addition to slight cases of dehydration.

Edited by Gaddabout

I heard lots and lots of good things about Stanford, at least from those affiliated with corps. Don't know how the fans felt.

Stanford was incredible. Great stadium (it's less than 2 years old). Sound was great. I hope DCI finds a way to get a show back in there next year (though it would probably have to be early-mid season for the foreseeable future).

Standford?

I have no expectation of DCI ever having another major regional on the west coast unless it were in a year that finals returned here.

Standford?

I have no expectation of DCI ever having another major regional on the west coast unless it were in a year that finals returned here.

Why does it have to be a major regional?

I hope if theres another big show in Phoenix that it gets moved from ASU to where it was supposed to be, the indoor (rain free) air conditioned stadium in Glendale where the Cardinals now play. They had the Fiesta Bowl Band Tournament there in January and it seemed to go over well.

Why does it have to be a major regional?
Not really a whole lot of point to putting one a show in a venue which is bigger than what is needed, especially if the cost is substantial. You've got two corps in the area who have been putting on shows for over 30, especially Vanguard. So far as I know, they have never used Stanford. I'd have to assume those running the shows do not feel it is the best venue for them, whatever the reason.

I hope if theres another big show in Phoenix that it gets moved from ASU to where it was supposed to be, the indoor (rain free) air conditioned stadium in Glendale where the Cardinals now play. They had the Fiesta Bowl Band Tournament there in January and it seemed to go over well.

Well, if it's early enough in the year it's a possibility... they got kicked out this year because the Cardinals have a pre-season game coming up and the grass doesn't like coming inside for a whole day, according to my contact. They were really bummed about losing the event too... my contact worked at the Seattle stadium during the DCI event there years ago and LOVED having the corps there. She had a blast and was looking forward to the Phx show until it got moved.

If DCI ever returns to Sun Devil Stadium, I hope the organizers learned from this year's fiasco. They need large electric fans to blow the hot air out of the tunnels and in the concession area. Also need to open more than one concession window. It was miserable. It was a great crowd, though, and even set through a 40-minute rain delay. Felt like Florida weather to be honest.

Oh yeah, they need to not tape off the areas. We were crammed in there in aluminum seating and SDS was built in the 50s -- limited access areas in an out. Wife and I went home with aching backs in addition to slight cases of dehydration.

Concessions almost always are a negative when DCI does a show in a stadium they have not been to before.....particulrly when the local whoever is running the stands. It's like they don't think many people will show up for a 'band show' and thus concessions are understocked and understaffed.