Wanted: 3V Contra

ContraBuddy

Ziggy Contras are getting impossible to find cheap unless they were run over by a truck &/or Sank with the Titanic. And Dynasty aren't easy to get anymore also.

You might find a Nice YBB-201 with the GG Pipes from Mastercraft Music in Brick I think he has a couple of them. A bit more versatile than a straight up contrabass.

How much do those GG pipes cost? I'm getting a convertible yam soon, and have been wondering.

Actually, will those pipes work with a YBB-321? I just got it overhauled, and added the convertible pieces to it.

Ziggy Contras are getting impossible to find cheap unless they were run over by a truck &/or Sank with the Titanic. And Dynasty aren't easy to get anymore also.

You might find a Nice YBB-201 with the GG Pipes from Mastercraft Music in Brick I think he has a couple of them. A bit more versatile than a straight up contrabass.

Hi PJ;

Thanks for the Information on Mastercraft. I found the Web Site, gave a call and found out that Mastercraft is non other then John 'Grass' Urspruch, of Skyliner fame. He has nothing at the present time, but is keeping his ear to the ground. Thanks Again, and Regards;

Hi PJ;

Thanks for the Information on Mastercraft. I found the Web Site, gave a call and found out that Mastercraft is non other then John 'Grass' Urspruch, of Skyliner fame. He has nothing at the present time, but is keeping his ear to the ground. Thanks Again, and Regards;

No Problemo! Johnny Told me you called him up. He's got a stash of stuff I thought maybe he'd have a contra or two. But He gets around and finds more horns in a month than I can in a year.

The GG Kit Last I recall (5+/- Years) Ago was About 450-500 dollars. Reading Bucs Might have some of the kits laying around they used Yamaha's back in the day.

I'm not a real believer in Yamaha. Even thought the YBB-641 I played in High School Concert band was the nicest horn I've played. Yamaha horns are just a headache. Kanstul makes the same mistakes trying to keep production high to keep costs low. But stuff like Plastic Valve Guides make the horn a real POS you have to replace the guides once a year or you're in trouble.

I don't like the newer kanstul contra's with the tune any note "Garbage" As it is commonly called. It makes an already stuffy horn stuffier.. Mine was made before they added that feature. Thank God.

If I was looking for another Contra (Which I'm NOT!!!) I'd look for a Dynasty 5/4 4-Valve GG "Wilson" Horn. They are easier to find an a little less expensive than a Kanstul Grande' (Have Fun Finding them used) Like Finding a Fart in a Jacuzzi.

Next Big Horn I buy is going to be an OLDS Tupperware Sousaphone. For Some reason I have a hankering for another Fiberglass horn.

Edited by sonofjabba