Brass Hysteria!

Kansan

You'll still have more than the Austin Stars had there last year. We had 6 brass, no colorguard, no drum major, and a canned (recording) drumline. Affectionately nicknamed Amper Waves. By the Houston show, we only had 5 brass. Our hornline is nearly double this year. In combination with the other sections of the corps we're about 4x's as large. If we multiply by 4 next season, we'll have to declare Open Class. Even though we still don't meet the minimum for Class A this year.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll still have more than the Austin Stars had there last year. We had 6 brass, no colorguard, no drum major, and a canned (recording) drumline. Affectionately nicknamed Amper Waves. By the Houston show, we only had 5 brass. Our hornline is nearly double this year. In combination with the other sections of the corps we're about 4x's as large. If we multiply by 4 next season, we'll have to declare Open Class. Even though we still don't meet the minimum for Class A this year.

I can't wait to make the trip and meet all the middle America Corps People.

Spring 2007 we had 4 people total.

Summer 2008 we have 13 including all sections in the organization.

Just shows me we will have to have close to 50 people total to actually count on fielding the required 35 for DCA competition.

Edited by Kansan

Hang in there Jeff! We know what you're going through! Sounds like HCB 2 years ago! We are finally feeling pretty strong with 40 plus (Depends on the week) on the field. Not everyone in the corps can make BH but we will still rock out! LOL Do you guys have an arrangement of America the Beautiful or Batle Hymn or One more time or something like that. It would be fun to get a combined group playing in the parking lot if not in the stadium! Let me know what you think and maybe we can get something together in Denton in a few ( holy crap) weeks! Looking forward to meeting everyone in Texas!

Hang in there, don't sweat the little things, get out there and make a joyful song!

Mike Ryan

HCB

Hang in there Jeff! We know what you're going through! Sounds like HCB 2 years ago! We are finally feeling pretty strong with 40 plus (Depends on the week) on the field. Not everyone in the corps can make BH but we will still rock out! LOL Do you guys have an arrangement of America the Beautiful or Batle Hymn or One more time or something like that. It would be fun to get a combined group playing in the parking lot if not in the stadium! Let me know what you think and maybe we can get something together in Denton in a few ( holy crap) weeks! Looking forward to meeting everyone in Texas!

Hang in there, don't sweat the little things, get out there and make a joyful song!

Mike Ryan

HCB

Thanks Mike,

Our Standards consist of the "National Anthem", "Home on the Range" and Iowa tis Iowa" (Tanenbaum)

Peter Gun would be fun.

Jeff Dancinger,

Prairie Sound!

Thanks Mike,

Our Standards consist of the "National Anthem", "Home on the Range" and Iowa tis Iowa" (Tanenbaum)

Peter Gun would be fun.

Jeff Dancinger,

Prairie Sound!

19 days to go and we are really picking up our rehearsal schedule! We have come a long way baby! Can't wait to get the show in front of some drum corps fans! Texas in late June what could be better? Next year who knows! Maybe even, dare I say it, Rochester! LOL We'll have to wait and see but we have high hopes to make an even bigger splash next season!

Jeff let me know if you had any problems with the arrangements I sent to you. America and You'll never walk alone.

Oh yeah baby, Brass Hysteria!

Gotta say I'm excited for Brass Hysteria, it's my only fix of drum corps touring this year!

Watch out for High Country Brass, things are really shaping up in rehearsals!

19 days to go and we are really picking up our rehearsal schedule! We have come a long way baby! Can't wait to get the show in front of some drum corps fans! Texas in late June what could be better? Next year who knows! Maybe even, dare I say it, Rochester! LOL We'll have to wait and see but we have high hopes to make an even bigger splash next season!

Jeff let me know if you had any problems with the arrangements I sent to you. America and You'll never walk alone.

Oh yeah baby, Brass Hysteria!

19 Days? Time sure is flying.

You guys considering the St. Peter and St. Paul shows next year? It's a two fer weekend.

I'll let you know about the music soon. I have been busy with National Guard Band Stuff.

Looks like we are actually going to pull it off.

We will make the trip with a 7 piece Brass Line and our Drum Major Larry Hols (you know the guy that bad disrespected Drum Majors in a previous thread this year). :ph34r:

It looks like our line up of performers has solidified and the movement of parts is finally final for the show. :ph34r:

We are going to do the best we can with zero Percussion and zero Color Guard this time around. :ninja:

This is something that we will fix for 2009.

This will be my 1st time to attend a Senior Corps show and I'm eager to see what the other projects look like.

Edited by Kansan

I know we are excited to have both of you guys down here, along with our TX/LA Brothren :)