K-90 3-valve conversion

If there is anyone out there that has used the conversion kit from Kanstul to convert a K-90 to a 3 valver, the guy i have working on mine has run into an issue. I guess the tube connecting the 3rd valve to the horn itself dosnet size up properly. How is this worked around?? and is there any way to save the Ab slide( original lead pipe assembly)

any help would be wonderful. Pictures would be great too..

thanks

nuthin but love

(note to the Moderators, if you could let this stay in the All age forum for a bit , as well as the cross post in the brass forum, i figure it increases the chance of somone seeing this that has the information i need. if you could give me a week or so please, that would be great of ya. Peace)

If there is anyone out there that has used the conversion kit from Kanstul to convert a K-90 to a 3 valver, the guy i have working on mine has run into an issue. I guess the tube connecting the 3rd valve to the horn itself dosnet size up properly. How is this worked around?? and is there any way to save the Ab slide( original lead pipe assembly)

any help would be wonderful. Pictures would be great too..

thanks

nuthin but love

(note to the Moderators, if you could let this stay in the All age forum for a bit , as well as the cross post in the brass forum, i figure it increases the chance of somone seeing this that has the information i need. if you could give me a week or so please, that would be great of ya. Peace)

We had custom tapered sections made by our local brass repair guy,............I'm not a horn player, but our guys had no complaints about it,..................the worst part about the whole thing was the tapered section were brass plated, as that is all he had available to work with,...................I don't think we reused the orginal lead pipe assembly,..............but on that I am not possitive,.........

Edited by Gary Matczak

How much did the conversion kit cost you? Did you order it directly from Kanstul?

Yeah direct from Kanstul... Its actually for an olds PR horn...i think it was around $900 it apparently needs to be adjusted for the K90 conversion... ill be sure to post how it goes.