Junior forum

triplefunk

I joined back last summer on dcp. heard it was a great place to hear about backstories of corps and what's going on in the current world of Drum Corps.

but in the past year and a half. the mood of this place has changed from excitement of all the shows. to nothing but blabbering about how Drum Corps has been ruined, and how much things have changed. Particualarily the stuff about amps,and cadets. I haven't seen it much in a couple weeks, but it has forever changed this place from one being happy with the activity and reading, to one having to watch out for nothing but feud fests and bickering about this and that.

Maybe I never saw it in the beginning, but I see it now. the mood has gone from friendly to on the brink of hostile.

Just my opinion, on what I've noticed in the couple years.

How to fix it? i have no idea. maybe just accept that what is in place is in place, and that bickering and arguing and complaining will do nothing but make this place an avoidable one. almost to the extent of ramd.

It comes and goes in cycles....stick around a while longer and you'll see how things rise and fall as the season comes and leaves. Five years ago, I could have said the same my first year. :rolleyes:

Best advice I can give is this; take a break every once in a while from here. Posts about "ruining drum corps" or "Cadets this" or "hype that" are always going to be part of the mix: it's simply the nature of the beast here. For every person that's seen those arguments, beat them to a pulp and buried them... its an entirely new argument to another.

There's no harm in taking a step back, recharging your excitement level for the activity (or for DCP), and coming back in a few weeks; especially with the season still quite a few months away.

Thanks man. :rolleyes:

I pretty much already do take a break... I mainly stay in the OT portion. but everytime I want to catch up on the drum corps world, it's the same old story.

Edited by triplefunk

...and, additionally... I know I make this tired point a lot...but the only way to lift us out of the same old, same old as far as threads go is to post threads that are what YOU want to talk about.

Start a new thread, set ground rules for it ("no bashing corps X", "no talk about kazoos or zebras")...PM a mod if it gets out of hand, gets negative, etc and you need help. Most of the time people will respect your "ground rules", though.

Since a lot of the content here is user-created, its a great opportunity to get what you want out of the site regarding anything from drum corps workout routines to what the Susquehanna Starbursts played in 1836 for their concert number. :rolleyes:

/end DCP commercial. :rolleyes:

Thanks man. :tounge2:

I pretty much already do take a break... I mainly stay in the OT portion. but everytime I want to catch up on the drum corps world, it's the same old story.

It's pretty typical for offseason talk, really. Once camp season gears up more and corps start announcing their shows, it will swing back the other way.

...and, additionally... I know I make this tired point a lot...but the only way to lift us out of the same old, same old as far as threads go is to post threads that are what YOU want to talk about.

Start a new thread, set ground rules for it ("no bashing corps X", "no talk about kazoos or zebras")...PM a mod if it gets out of hand, gets negative, etc and you need help. Most of the time people will respect your "ground rules", though.

Since a lot of the content here is user-created, its a great opportunity to get what you want out of the site regarding anything from drum corps workout routines to what the Susquehanna Starbursts played in 1836 for their concert number. :tongue:

/end DCP commercial. :tongue:

And when life and the forums really get you down, there's always... pie, right Bawker? Sorry, I just miss the old avatar.

:tounge2: