Brigadiers' February Camp Information

Better pay system?? You already get to do basics without your horns.... what better pay do you want??

No mouthpieces for buzzing???

Sheesh :blink:

I believe that is a good start to negotiations

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that is a good start to negotiations

You have been trained well young jedi- it's a good thing you weren't around back in 2000-2003. I fear that you would've fit in too well with that group of contra's and we wouldn't have a corps anymore because the union would've taken over. We'll have to wait and see for the weekend though- if more players show up than we have tubas for, your powers become weak!!!

:thumbup:

Anyone out there want to be tuba number 12? I think we can get Martin to buy 2 more horns! :blink:

So... how many SUMB Alum/Staff are on staff or performing for Brigs?

Hey John-

We have a few of the SUMB involved. Mostly alumni like me. I was there from 95-99 and recently have started doing some work with the music department on campus. Some guest presentation type stuff to the marching band tech class and MENC chapter. The big problem we find with getting their students involved is that most of them don't stay in Syracuse during the summer, which is when we need them. But fortunately, there is a much better working relationship between the two organizations to the point where the corps is supposed to be doing a master class / clinic for the marching band this August in the Dome. Hopefully, next season we will start to see more SUMB kids involved with the corps.

You have been trained well young jedi- it's a good thing you weren't around back in 2000-2003. I fear that you would've fit in too well with that group of contra's and we wouldn't have a corps anymore because the union would've taken over. We'll have to wait and see for the weekend though- if more players show up than we have tubas for, your powers become weak!!!

Anyone out there want to be tuba number 12? I think we can get Martin to buy 2 more horns! :blink:

If we get 12 tubas I think the Union might be able to ease up on its demands.

Hey John-

We have a few of the SUMB involved. Mostly alumni like me. I was there from 95-99 and recently have started doing some work with the music department on campus. Some guest presentation type stuff to the marching band tech class and MENC chapter. The big problem we find with getting their students involved is that most of them don't stay in Syracuse during the summer, which is when we need them. But fortunately, there is a much better working relationship between the two organizations to the point where the corps is supposed to be doing a master class / clinic for the marching band this August in the Dome. Hopefully, next season we will start to see more SUMB kids involved with the corps.

I marched SUMB 97-2002 (took the 2000 academic yr. off). In '97 my freshman yr. we had Mark Harwitz who was on staff for Briggs, DJ Montalbano (I'm not sure if he was on staff for Briggs but he was for the Cadets). Though I was seeing these guys in Briggs Corps jackets all the time and was invited to some camps for the Briggs I never acted upon the invitations because like Pete said I didn't stay in Central NY during the summers, instead I was driving back to New Orleans. Now that I look back and have kicked myself in the rear end many times because of it I wish I would have marched Briggs when that prime opportunity was there. Maybe in the future..

:blink:

Did he just say what I think he just said?

We won't ease up until we have complete and total world domination!

Well you heard it from the boss Pete. Our demands WILL be met no matter how many we have.

Edited by cone256