Does anyone else think...

With the combination of Div 2 and 3 does anyone else think that it's a little weird that Blue Devils B and Blue Devils C are both competing this year? Wasn't the purpose of B to provide a Div 2 opportunity and C a Div 3 opportunity? What happens now that they are competing against each other?

Please remember that, in the case of Devils B & C, you're dealing with two different age groups of students. Also, performance ability can be drastically different.

Will the Blue Devils organization combine the two groups in the future to save money? Maybe, but, that's not something that will happen over night. I'm sure it would take some amount of planning to accomplish that task.

Best of luck to both groups!

Not really weird at all, the groups have different focuses. The B Corps is the competitive Open Class unit designed for high-school and college aged kids, whereas the C Corps focus is generally non-competitive and is designed for elementary and middle school aged kids.

B Corps

snares.jpg

C Corps

trumpetKid.jpg

Because each group has a different focus and is tailored to a different age group, I doubt you'll ever see them merge. Changing the names of the divisions and putting them both into the same "class" doesn't affect the focus that the BD organization has with each group.

Edited by MagicBobert

Not really weird at all, the groups have different focuses. The B Corps is the competitive Open Class unit designed for high-school and college aged kids, whereas the C Corps focus is generally non-competitive and is designed for elementary and middle school aged kids.

B Corps

snares.jpg

C Corps

trumpetKid.jpg

Because each group has a different focus and is tailored to a different age group, I doubt you'll ever see them merge. Changing the names of the divisions and putting them both into the same "class" doesn't affect the focus that the BD organization has with each group.

I see what you're saying. I personally think they should change the name of one of the corps if they're not going to merge. Whether or not they're in close competition, having to BD corps in one class seems silly to me...

I see what you're saying. I personally think they should change the name of one of the corps if they're not going to merge. Whether or not they're in close competition, having to BD corps in one class seems silly to me...

You got to stop thinking of BDC as a competitive group. That's not their purpose, nor their intentions.

Besides, both SCV and Vanguard Cadets have performed in the same class before and no one complained.

It's all cool :lookaround: