favorite drum corps songs

Cadets '97 - Pretty much the entirety of the show

Madison '95 - El Toro Caliente

Bridgement '78 - Spanish Dreams

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

opener for madison was really good, I really like the ballad and drum feature, but the whole show just Kicked ###

Cadets '97 - Pretty much the entirety of the show

Madison '95 - El Toro Caliente

Bridgement '78 - Spanish Dreams

Along with the previously mentioned list of songs, I also loved My Spanish Heart from 94 BD and 02 Brigs

Songs that make me want to break things when I crank the volume (with the exception of Cadets Overture) are as follows:

Bully - !976, 1996, 2006 Hawthorne Caballeros (the small sample we played in our closer in 2006 is possibly the most emotional "unloading" of a hornline I have ever heard or been part of, and I know there are 62 other men and women that agree with me).

Spanish Fantasy - 1996 Hawthorne Caballeros (Now that I think of, pretty much the entire 1996 production by the Caballeros).

Malaguena - Any treatment by The Caballeros or Madison Scouts.

Strawberry Soup - 1993 Blue Devils (Solo and small ensemble work in that song are some of the best to date and still blow my mind when I hear that show).

All the closers from Star of Indiana's productions in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 (Again, all of these shows are total packages IMO).

Overture (New World) - 2005 Cadets (Actually this entire production as well. Baritone soloist in the opened is to die for).

Alot of the stuff cabs has done is very impressive, loved bully in 06 can't wait to see malaguena in 08

Songs that make me want to break things when I crank the volume (with the exception of Cadets Overture) are as follows:

Bully - !976, 1996, 2006 Hawthorne Caballeros (the small sample we played in our closer in 2006 is possibly the most emotional "unloading" of a hornline I have ever heard or been part of, and I know there are 62 other men and women that agree with me).

Spanish Fantasy - 1996 Hawthorne Caballeros (Now that I think of, pretty much the entire 1996 production by the Caballeros).

Malaguena - Any treatment by The Caballeros or Madison Scouts.

Strawberry Soup - 1993 Blue Devils (Solo and small ensemble work in that song are some of the best to date and still blow my mind when I hear that show).

All the closers from Star of Indiana's productions in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 (Again, all of these shows are total packages IMO).

Overture (New World) - 2005 Cadets (Actually this entire production as well. Baritone soloist in the opened is to die for).

That was an epic experience, and one I will never forget. I had a saying that year, quoted from a favorite song:

"I felt the crowd breathe in and I closed my eyes and we disappeared into the groove".

The was the deep breath in the 6 count silence right before we rotated the pinwheel, and also the split second of silence right after Guy's bullcall in to Bully.

EPIC does not even begin to describe the craziness in my brain every time we unleashed Bully. Hell bent on being heard all over the world.

Crowd reaction was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced in my 3 years of drum corps. The standing o's we got during the show in last years show was the very cool.

That was an epic experience, and one I will never forget. I had a saying that year, quoted from a favorite song:

"I felt the crowd breathe in and I closed my eyes and we disappeared into the groove".

The was the deep breath in the 6 count silence right before we rotated the pinwheel, and also the split second of silence right after Guy's bullcall in to Bully.

EPIC does not even begin to describe the craziness in my brain every time we unleashed Bully. Hell bent on being heard all over the world.