Spartans?

that seems very bizarre. didn't Spartans announce they were going to be going World Class next season? would the staff who left really be that impatient? that just seems like a weird road to take if you ask me. all divII/III staff have patience of nice old grandmothers from my experience. i dont mean to say div II/III staff are easy on their kids, NOT AT ALL! my point is that D2/3 staff usually take any kids interested in drum corps no matter what the skill level and teach them how to be successful at it. that takes a certain kind of patience and that is why i describe it as "nice old grandmothers."

This wouldn't surprise me. I had been told when I was a corps staffee that Spartans administration had no interest in moving up. On the other hand, it was announced on dci.org that the organization did file for world class status for the 2009 season.... so, we'll see.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure that the large staff turnover had to do with a conflict in interest. The executive director wanted to remain in Division 2 and the staff wanted to go Division 1. I don't think there is anything wrong with that decision, and don't think there is anything negative happening at the organization now. They just need to find some more bodies.

Divisional status had NOTHING to do with the staff leaving.

I heard that someone sneezed and someone refused to say 'bless you'. So the entire staff left.

Finally, the truth comes out.

I heard that someone sneezed and someone refused to say 'bless you'. So the entire staff left.

hahaha, if only it were that simple

I am pretty sure that the large staff turnover had to do with a conflict in interest. The executive director wanted to remain in Division 2 and the staff wanted to go Division 1. I don't think there is anything wrong with that decision, and don't think there is anything negative happening at the organization now. They just need to find some more bodies.

Not even close[/

in all honesty do the specifics really matter??? the spartans having a rebuild year. There was probably some conflict of interest somewhere along the line.. but what does it matter? its already happened? the spartans reloading for another great season, cant we just leave it at that?