im curious

Im curious what the people in the know about guard performances thought of the spartans 2007 in comparison to the divison 1's. How would their colorguard have stacked against the cavaliers or cadets guard. They did score a 19.9 which obviously is amazing, i just wanna know comparisons

Im curious what the people in the know about guard performances thought of the spartans 2007 in comparison to the divison 1's. How would their colorguard have stacked against the cavaliers or cadets guard. They did score a 19.9 which obviously is amazing, i just wanna know comparisons

Well, the number from the judges sheets cant really be compared since they are different. But, the sheets, from what I understand, are close to a one 'box' difference. (If someone can verify this or not)

So, a Box 5 score on 2/3 sheets would be similar to a Box 4 Div 1 sheets. If that is the case then that would put this guard in upper Box 4 and probably not as close to the cavies or cadets as this poster is probably fishing for....

But, the sheets, from what I understand, are close to a one 'box' difference. (If someone can verify this or not)

They used to be, but I think they changed that about seven or eight years ago. I actually asked a friend of mine to explain the difference to me a few years ago, and he was good friends with someone on the DCI Judge task force, who spelled it all out. Quite interesting stuff, actually. Until that point, I had been a big critic of why DCI eliminated one set of judging criteria across all 3 divisions. When the educational (rather than the purely competitive) goals and objectives were laid out, it became pretty obvious that the two parallel systems were designed to provide good feedback to the corps and to reward the achievement of excellence at each level.