Inergy DCPI-X information

After a successful 12th place finish in DCPI-IX, Inergy has had an exciting offseason and is ready to debut their DCPI-X show at the Tri-Color Preseason competition on May 9th and 10th. The director, Drew Wright has these comments about the corps' finish and new start this season:

"I think the move to Des Moines really helped revitalize this corps. We had a strong first season in DCPI-VII, finishing 14th and placing as high as 7th in prelims. We floundered a bit in DCPI-VIII, partially because there are already several strong corps in Indiana, our previous home state, that were drawing some of the more talented members away from us. The Iowa move really helped us reach a whole new group of talented and passionate kids that helped make our season IX show a real success.

The audience responded well to the classical repertoire of '88' because it used several piano standards. We are taking a slightly different approach to this season's show. Some of the music is a little more 'out there' and less well-known. However, we feel that we have a stronger concept and some great emotional moments in the show. The kids are already performing well, and we have lots of plans for changes along the way that will make the show even better. Hopefully the Tri-Color show will help us figure out exactly which of those changes will be most beneficial to this season's production. Well, I think that' s about it for me, since I know most of you are just here to see the show announcement."

inergyXposter.jpg

The music includes the following:

WAR - Symphony No. 3 mvt. 4 - Philip Glass

VICTORY - "March" from Symphonic Metamorphosis - Paul Hindemith

CELEBRATIONS - Bright Blue Music - Michael Torke

HEROES - Ellens Gesang III (Ave Maria) - Franz Schubert

• 3 weeks later...

Our new uniforms for this season are in. A fresh design from phoenixfire of Dynasty Uniform Designs.

Inergy.png