ROCHESTER, NY / 4th of July Weekend!

I haven't been around an organization before that is working as hard as this Alumni Group for the Statesmen. As a marching member for the past 8 years, I thought I knew alot about the history of the Empire Statesmen. How wrong I was......Thank you to David for bringing back former members at our Winter Camps to talk about their experiences and for sharing wonderful memories about Mr. B! Allen - your work can never be done as well by another person and your pix from back in the 80's are.....well....can you say "mullet with a smile?" Jimmy, Tom and the rest of the Alumni committee - you are sharing so many great memories and really helping our younger members understand the storied history of this group and why it was created! Each weekend we grow stronger as a unit and it's because we are learning to appreciate our past....our ROOTS!

Any DCA fan that is in the Rochester area on the July 4th weekend should plan to be at the Statesmen show to witness a great competitive battle between original DCA member corps as well as newer organizations - it promises to be a great show! AND, you won't want to miss the Alumni joining the current marching members to share musical memories with the audience and perform as we have been taught how to perform! As Heather stated in her post - it will be AMAZING!!

Can't wait! Thanks again!! :laughing:

Leslie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed playing with the alumni again at the memorial day parade, and i am even more exicted to do it again at the july 4th weekend. all alumni interested in coming to the parade or the party are welcome. would like to see some past porkchops :laughing::sigh:

LOL what is with everyone calling all hair cuts back then a Mullet...

Hey... My look back in the 80's AND part of the 90's (I didn't get the memo that my style was out) was and STILL is FAB!!! Don't hate because I'm still looking hot for an old has been!!! :tongue:

Hey... My look back in the 80's AND part of the 90's (I didn't get the memo that my style was out) was and STILL is FAB!!! Don't hate because I'm still looking hot for an old has been!!! :tongue:

Allen -

You had a combination mullet and jeri curl well into the mid to late 90's. But you know what? ... you made it work.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

Tom: Allen makes anything work. Like for instance the few extra pounds he has put on this year. Have a great 25th Statemen.

And ... anyone out there who knows an Empire alumnus, please tell them about these links.

We can't locate EVERYBODY and at least twice a week I run into someone who aks, "Why wasn't I given an invitation to the alumni stuff?" It's totally because we can't find everybody... but yes ANY and EVERY former Statesmen is invited to ALL of these events.

Even if you just want to come to the parties ... it would be great to see you.

I was one of those "not getting the messages" guys but after looking at the Empire web site I found out about the two parades last weekend. Managed to 'goof off' on Monday and got down from Canada to do the Sun/Mon gigs. I have to say, I really forgot how much fun it was to do a parade with the Statesmen. What a great couple of days! Allen, David, Jimmy.....thanks for this opportunity.

Now I'm looking forward to July 4th weekend to spend some time with all that talent coming back together for an on field performance. Can't wait.

Gord Moffatt

2000-2003, 2006 Empire Statesmen.

and too many before that to mention since 1961

Tom: Allen makes anything work. Like for instance the few extra pounds he has put on this year. Have a great 25th Statemen.

No you Didn't!! :tongue:

I was one of those "not getting the messages" guys but after looking at the Empire web site I found out about the two parades last weekend. Managed to 'goof off' on Monday and got down from Canada to do the Sun/Mon gigs. I have to say, I really forgot how much fun it was to do a parade with the Statesmen. What a great couple of days! Allen, David, Jimmy.....thanks for this opportunity.

Now I'm looking forward to July 4th weekend to spend some time with all that talent coming back together for an on field performance. Can't wait.

Gord Moffatt

2000-2003, 2006 Empire Statesmen.

and too many before that to mention since 1961

Hey Gord

It was GREAT seeing you in the line again!! That's what this year is all about. Bringing the family back together again. Mr. "B" will be watching with a big smile on his face over the big July 4th Weekend!!