Brief report from Crown Spring Training

OK so I live like 1/3 of a mile from the main practice field that Crown is using at their Spring Training site this year (nice to be able to hear them while sitting on our patio :thumbdown: )

Anyway, they are really starting to sound and look good. So far, I have only personally witnessed the running "Candide" which has some very tricky writing in it that they are starting to pull off rather seemlessly. They are playing with nice energy and control, fitting for the style of the piece, and then they really let loose with a sustained "POWER" section with some really cool mello runs. You can really sense an air of confidence from the entire group. They seem to have a knock the door down mentality this year. I have heard some strains of "Hallelujah Chorus" and some "West Side Story" from home that sounds pretty awesome as well. I'll try to give regular updates as I can (without giving away too much)

T-Mac

I really, truly feel that Crown will be the Corps with the most buzz this year. They were the crowd favorite last year and this year they seem to be maintaining that while adding some judge pleasing touches. I love when the status quo gets turn upside down. I am praying Crown medals this year. I would love to see new blood in the top 3. I hope soon that some of the other Corps contend also (Do you hear me Bluecoats ?). I would love to see in the future a Madison, Boston, Carolina fight for the top. Wouldn't that be AWESOME. <-----(Praying)

Edited by Perry S

OK so I live like 1/3 of a mile from the main practice field that Crown is using at their Spring Training site this year (nice to be able to hear them while sitting on our patio :thumbdown: )

Anyway, they are really starting to sound and look good. So far, I have only personally witnessed the running "Candide" which has some very tricky writing in it that they are starting to pull off rather seemlessly. They are playing with nice energy and control, fitting for the style of the piece, and then they really let loose with a sustained "POWER" section with some really cool mello runs. You can really sense an air of confidence from the entire group. They seem to have a knock the door down mentality this year. I have heard some strains of "Hallelujah Chorus" and some "West Side Story" from home that sounds pretty awesome as well. I'll try to give regular updates as I can (without giving away too much)

T-Mac

Awesome post - Please post updates as often as possible!