Floor tarp for outdoor

Odessa

The band that I teach is wanting to use a painted floor tarp for our outdoor show this season. I figured that I could use the same techniques/paints/etc so it would last, but then it hit me... This is going to be used in various temperatures and used ALOT.

Any tips from those that have used a tarp for outdoor?

Call your local sign and billboard companies. Most are willing to donate tarp material to bands.

As far as outdoor rehearsal, becarefull about dragging the tarp. If you rehearse on a concrete or asphalt and are planing on moving the tarp around, be prepared to replace your props about half way through the season.

Temp in the sun shouldn't damage the tarp itself, but it does retain heat. FYI.

Don't count on it. I'ved used Lamar Outdoor the last two winters and now they tell me they can't give them to me anymore because their new company policy says they have to recycle.

Anyone know of another company?

Use a cart to transport the floor onto the field, and then fold and put it back on the cart when the show is over. Even if you drag it on grass, there are rocks and things on the field that can rip the tarp.

We did this in Florida one year-- used a tarp-- practicing on a parking lot. We were super careful to take care of the tarp. Used the same type of paint that we used in indoor and it worked fine.

As for getting material from local advertising companies-- if Lamar won't do it, find another local billboard company. Just read the signs and at the bottom it will show the name of the company that put the sign up.

I get my tarps from Lamar, so I don't know why it would be an issue where you are. Maybe call the corporate office and find out if them giving you the materials would count as recycling?

We already asked if givinig them to us would be recycling and they said they would have to look into it but never got back to us and it's been about a month, and I'm sure it's not a priority.

As for another company I don't see any billboards around the city of Colorado Springs with any other name on it. So any suggestions on other companies out there I can try to find?

We already asked if givinig them to us would be recycling and they said they would have to look into it but never got back to us and it's been about a month, and I'm sure it's not a priority.

As for another company I don't see any billboards around the city of Colorado Springs with any other name on it. So any suggestions on other companies out there I can try to find?

Google is so amazing!

http://articles.directorym.com/Outdoor_Adv...3-Colorado.html

good luck!