Strongo

So, my avatar is 90pixels in height, and less in width, and the automatic re-sizer is still making it square, distorting the image. Is there anyway to turn off the auto-resize, or can someone help me fix this? Thanks :)

So, my avatar is 90pixels in height, and less in width, and the automatic re-sizer is still making it square, distorting the image. Is there anyway to turn off the auto-resize, or can someone help me fix this? Thanks :)

If you Photoshop (or elements), go in Image ... Image size

Make sure the units are set to pixels

Resize the longest dimension to 100px, with the Constrain Proportions and Scale Styles checkboxes, as well as Resample Image set to Bicubic.

Hit okay.

There will be a little bit of a border where the smallest dimensions are ...

Create a new image 100x100px ... fill it with whatever color you want the border to be.

Copy your 100x?? icon image and paste it into the 100x100 ... Save it out as a jpeg, gif or png and you're ready to go.

Wait a tic ... Hold on a couple of minutes.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Okay, yeah I know how to do all that...I know I used to be able to have an avatar that wasn't completely square, as long as the longest size wasn't bigger than 100px. If I have to put a background, I will, I just don't really want to, lol.

You can always paste it into a empty image with an alpha channel ...

or just gakk this one ...

chelssvc.gif

I would have gone larger, but didn't want to crop the image on you ...

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Oh pretty :lol: Thanks.

You're welcome ... Just do me a favor and copy it to your pc and upload to dcp or your webspace when you get a chance ... Otherwise you'll be hitting my photobucket bandwidth.

Edited by DCIHasBeen