Corps from the North

STEEL TOWN BRASS will be having a board meeting this month (Sept) to decide upon a director for STB and the direction they will be going. Mary Wilson is still the Executive Director. As I understand it we do intend to re-enter field competition in 2009. A lot more information will be available by the end of the month or sooner. Web site should be updated at that time also.

The beret is back!

Edited by bandettedriver

I'm so glad to see the Conqueror II name in use again! I was percussion caption head the first two years they were on the field (in fact, I was the only percussion instructor for most of the first year!) and stayed on as bass tech for a few years after. I've always remembered that time as a great episode of my life and will always have a soft spot for Conqueror II. Best of luck!

Thank you Jim.

And thanks to all who have offered their best wishes.

Conqueror II has always remained our legal name, however many friends and family expressed to us how much they missed the name in circulation, exhibition and competition.

So for all those that were sorry to see Conqueror II leave the spotlight, we are happy to report that - like an old friend - we never really left, but you will see a lot more of us now.

Mara Adams

President

Conqueror II Drum & Bugle Corps

• 2 weeks later...

The Strutters have been busy laying a foundation for the future. We are indeed rebuilding and approaching our future with our next 50 years in mind. There are a lot of obstacles to overcome, but a solid, achievable plan is in place and will be carefully implemented over the next few years.

The open houses have gone fairly well so far, with all things considered, but the work is never done.

Edmonton is a city of over 1 million people. We have a large marching alumni base and a niche to fill currently. So we shall see how things play out over the coming months with our new Jr. program and our Winterguard.

The website is up and running. It is being updated regularly, so please feel free to check up on us from time to time.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts.

Steve McConnell

Director, Strutters Drum & Bugle Corps

EdmontonStrutters@gmail.com

http://www.strutters.org

Edited by Canadacorps

The Strutters have been busy laying a foundation for the future. We are indeed rebuilding and approaching our future with our next 50 years in mind. There are a lot of obstacles to overcome, but a solid, achievable plan is in place and will be carefully implemented over the next few years.

Slow and steady always wins the race! Can't wait to hear more news about the program!