OperationTaps: End of Summer 2008 Update

OperationTaps.org

Progress Report 8/28/08

Since starting this project on Pearl Harbor Day 2007: OperationTaps participating units have performed at military honors funerals for:

154 Veterans for whom the only other option was to use a recorded version of Taps.

Special thanks to:

Drum Corps Associates member organizations who have contributed to this (ongoing) project:

- Empire Statesmen

- Erie Thunderbirds

- Mighty St. Joe's

- Prime Time Brass

- Ghost Riders

- Rochester Crusaders

- Manchester,NH Muchachos

- Amoskeag, NH Sound

Remember:

Every day is Memorial Day for 1500 - 1800 families around the country.

Edited by OperationTaps

When do we get our patches?

I like the LOGO.

OperationTaps.org

Progress Report 8/28/08

Since starting this project on Pearl Harbor Day 2007: OperationTaps participating units have performed at military honors funerals for:

154 Veterans for whom the only other option was to use a recorded version of Taps.

Special thanks to:

Drum Corps Associates member organizations who have contributed to this (ongoing) project:

- Empire Statesmen

- Erie Thunderbirds

- Mighty St. Joe's

- Prime Time Brass

- Ghost Riders

- Rochester Crusaders

- Manchester,NH Muchachos

- Amoskeag, NH Sound

Remember:

Every day is Memorial Day for 1500 - 1800 families around the country.

Muchachos and Amoskeag Sound will be at the closing ceremony of 100 night of rememberance at the NH Veterans Cemetary in Boscowen NH on Sept. 11. Anyone in the area is welcome to participate we'd love to have more buglers sound taps. Please PM me for more info.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by ManchesterMuchacho

Muchachos and Amoskeag Sound will be at the closing ceremony of 100 night of rememberance at the NH Veterans Cemetary in Boscowen NH on Sept. 11. Anyone in the area is welcome to participate we'd love to have more buglers sound taps. Please PM me for more info.

Thanks,

Dave

If you aren't aware of what these guys are doing with this project, check it out..

http://www.100nightsofremembrance.org/

Every night at 7pm from Memorial Day through September 11th, they play Taps at the NH Veterans Cemetary.

And if you see any guys from either of these NH organizations at DCA, please provide them with whatever refreshements they require... they definitely have one coming from me as well as several other Empire Alumni.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

Hey Tom...

I forgot to tell you that I played Taps while on the road with Pioneer twice. Do they get on the list? Say hi to Roman this weekend, he will wearing that stupid hat.

Donny

Hey Tom...

I forgot to tell you that I played Taps while on the road with Pioneer twice. Do they get on the list? Say hi to Roman this weekend, he will wearing that stupid hat.

Donny

We'll count it .... making Pioneer the Number One DCI corps involved with Operation Taps!

I am sure they will be thrilled. That is the first time they came in first in DCI in anything.

Very Cool!

Donny