Pioneer Rep 2009

I just saw the group Street Dogs with Time Agian and Flatfoot 56 in concert last night here in Minneapolis and it was great!

The lead singer from Street Dogs is the Dropkick Murphys old front man Michael McColgan.

55.jpg

What a great entertainer! This group is from Boston and have strong Irish roots. If you can see them somewhere - go!

Flatfoot 56 is a Celtic Punk band that just blows my doors off! They do some great Oi Punk - Brotherhood, Knuckles Up and their version of Amazing Grace would be fantastic to do. Granted the kids would be exhausted after the opener, but thata's fine!

Edited by mvbailey12

Going the Irish/Irish-American rock route for one season isn't going to hurt.

I think a book like the following might be a selling point for kids in their late teens, early 20's.

The Dropkick Murphys - "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" from the "Departed" soundtrack

"The Warrior's Code"

"The State of Massachusetts"

"Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya"

The Screaming Orphans - "Finnegan's Wake"

...and start the flaming

"Danny Boy" The subtle Celtic Thunder arrangement. I always thought the power of that piece was

in the phrasing and control.

eh, if you wanna market a corps as 'Hip' try something completely different.

THATS RIGHT! LATIN CELTIC MUSIC!

bit long but def worth your 8minutes

Really, look how far Scouts go playing a few standard Latin charts, now combine Pio's Irish heritage with the flavor and fire of Latin Music... I cant imagine what the results would be. BUT I can def say people wont look at Pio the same way again.