Fusion Announces 2009 Show

Fusion "Core" Presents their 2009 Program

"Progress"

After coming off a very successful season and in keeping with the "Momentum" and progression established by the Core it seems appropriate to continue to build on the foundation by reflecting our musical inspiration, movement and style towards the future utilizing Disney's Illuminations: Reflections of Earth as our soundtrack.

The Core will explore "Progress" in three parts; Chaos….. Order….. and Meaning.

In the words of Don Dorsey, "Time is constant, but progress is exponential. From the beginning of what we know as time, up to the present, significant events come slowly at first then progress faster and faster."

Part I; Chaos takes us through the hectic beginnings.

Part II; Order then sets forth as the dust settles and clarity forms out of chaos.

Part III; Meaning or the reality of what's in front of us emerges, knowing now that the future is in our hands

and there is a world of possibilities out there.

Izzy Delgado, Program Coordinator said, "After our first two successful seasons, "Progress" is the perfect expressive vehicle to describe the next chapter of our story. The Core will showcase who and what we represent; sophistication, entertainment, accepting of all challenges, and offering a different brand of drum corps."

We welcome you to the next chapter….. Enjoy the show!

As we move forward into our third season, Fusion is focused on the future and in continuing to provide our members with the opportunity to enhance their musical and color guard/dance performance education in an atmosphere that fosters not only teamwork, mentoring and dedication, but also the pursuit of excellence. Fusion is dedicated to providing the best drum corps experience to all members while providing world-class instruction and programming in a creative positive environment. If you are interested in becoming a member of the 2009 Fusion Core, please visit our website and fill out interest form at Membership

Edited by Fusion Core Administration

I wish Fuaion another great season like 2008, with the show you planed you may have a bigger shot at class gold.you only need to improve your drum line a little bit to reach the gold.

This is a show that I personally have ALWAYS wanted to do!!!

I know that we're ALL excited about this and I know that this is going to be really a fun yet challenging book to play. I'm very confident that the arrangers and designers will do a GREAT job with it and it makes me even more excited knowing that our Ron and John are very familiar with the piece :thumbup: .

Well, if your an "Epcot Illuminations of Earth" fan and have always wanted to be part of that show............now's your chance!!!

Today we will be meeting to map it out the show and the 2009 season.

Open House information should be announced very shortly also, so keep an eye out on our website for updates. In the meantime also, if you think you may want to march but want to meet some of us before the Open House, we have three parades coming up and we already have some other prospective members joining us for the parades.........THANKS GUYS!!! I'll set you up with the link to download the music and there's a midi there so you can listen along. If this is something that interests you, email me for more info.

So come on down and be part of Fusion..........you'll see why so many of us LOVE IT HERE SO MUCH!!!

This is going to be a spectacular show! This music is challenging but the type of challenging where when you learn it and you look back you say "Wow! I know how to play that!" and it fills you with a sense of pride. GO FUSION 2009!!!

Very well said Steph. Greg, if we can get Disney to loan us that globe we're GOLDEN!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Very good meeting this past Sunday. Last years show was definately fun and challenging show to perform. This year's show is going to be another really cool show to be a part of. Izzy and the design team have put a lot of thought into the design and I was really impressed how it was all coming together. It was one of those "video moments leading into your finals performance"!! :sleeping:

Watch for a sea of purple popping up at band shows througout the Jersey area this year. Since moving here, my two daughters joined Jefferson High School marching band, who won this past weekends competition............BIG CONGRATS TO JEFFERSON!!! It's been fun since there were no Marching bands Upstate New York.

So, if you us at a local band show, stop and say hi!! We'll be at Cinnaminson SaturDAY and New Brunswick Saturday NIGHT. Keep checking out the website for upcoming staff announcements and open house information. You can also fill out an interest form when dropping in and one of us will get right back to you.

Be a part of Fusion's history starting in the early years and join us as we present "PROGRESS" in 2009!!!

More announcements coming soon....

Stay Tuned...

Fusion is dedicated to providing the best drum corps experience to all members while providing world-class instruction and programming. If you are interested in becoming a member of the 2009 Fusion Drum and Bugle "Core", please visit our website and fill out the form at Membership Information

Fusion Core, Morris County, NJ