MN Madness Winter show

DeCellR8

MN Madness is proud to present:

The Music of Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphonies 4 & 5

This winter we wanted to go with a little darker themed show. This show will be some what like Phantom 96 but with a twist. I hope you enjoy this winters show and good luck to all the corps this upcoming "off season."

MN Madness is proud to present:

The Music of Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphonies 4 & 5

This winter we wanted to go with a little darker themed show. This show will be some what like Phantom 96 but with a twist. I hope you enjoy this winters show and good luck to all the corps this upcoming "off season."

Excellent show music. Which section of each Symphony are you planning on using? I actually have a show concept that involves Shostakovich's Fourth that I'm saving for Polaris for some future season.

Opener: Symphony #4 MVt. 5

Ballad: Symphony #4 Mvt. 2

Some sort of Drum Solo

Closer: Symphony #5 Mvt. 4

There ya have it folks. Again, good luck to everybody this "off season."

Edited by DeCellR8

Opener: Symphony #4 MVt. 5

Ballad: Symphony #4 Mvt. 2

Some sort of Drum Solo

Closer: Symphony #5 Mvt. 4

There ya have it folks. Again, good luck to everybody this "off season."

:worthy:

Symphony No. 4 only has three movements... ?

Symphony No. 8 has five movements... and I think No. 9 does also. Those are the only two of his fifteen that do.

Edited by hostrauser

That is wierd then because when I was looking on youtube last night, I was watching some clips and it stated Symphony 4 #5 or #3 or whatever. I will have to go double check. You are probably right and I just read it wrong. Shoot..now have to redue everything. hahah. Thank you for making me aware of it.

Feel free to use me as a reference for all things Shostakovich. He's my favorite composer and I've been studying him for about 15 years.

Thank you! I do appreciate it and his work is simply amazing and I just read things wrong. I do like sypmphonies 4 and 5 but all his symphonies are amazing,. Maybe I have my summer show as well ;)