Sibelius PhotoScore Ultimate

Older Younger Guy

I have a lot of hand written charts from the 80's and I was looking into "Sibelius PhotoScore Ultimate".

Anyone use this program? How effective is it? Transposition? Can you take separate pieces of instrumentation (ex: Trumpet 1,2, F Horn, etc) and make a complete score?

If someone can give me insight that would be great!

Cheers!

O.Y.G

I have a lot of hand written charts from the 80's and I was looking into "Sibelius PhotoScore Ultimate".

Anyone use this program? How effective is it? Transposition? Can you take separate pieces of instrumentation (ex: Trumpet 1,2, F Horn, etc) and make a complete score?

If someone can give me insight that would be great!

Cheers!

O.Y.G

I have tried two other notation systems and have settled on Finale Print Music. It allows single line charts for different parts or multi stave used for all part scores. As you are entering the notes you can play it back. You can complete the score and print out only the part you want. Transposition and all other reworks are possible. I paid $100.00 Canadian. Its updated yearly and does the job....Hope this helps.... Garry

I have tried two other notation systems and have settled on Finale Print Music. It allows single line charts for different parts or multi stave used for all part scores. As you are entering the notes you can play it back. You can complete the score and print out only the part you want. Transposition and all other reworks are possible. I paid $100.00 Canadian. Its updated yearly and does the job....Hope this helps.... Garry

Thanks for replying to my thread but all notation (good software) programs will due what you stated!

My question is, if I have a score without separate parts, could I scan them using "Sibelius PhotoScore Ultimate" and then print out individual parts?

What about hand written score? Same question as above. Thats what I really want to know.

OR

If I have separate parts, could I scan them and make a complete score if the score was missing??

O Y G

Here's the review. Read it and weep:

http://emusician.com/software/neuratron_ph...re_ultimate5-5/

Better resign yourself to the awful truth. Reading music is a human skill that is only attained through education and practice.

And reading manuscript is becoming a lost art. The current generation of young musicians have always had the benefit of computer-based notation.

Note: there are some members who in feeder corps, A corps, and senior corps never read anything but my manuscript. So a dozen years ago they began to grumble when I started using Finale.