Random but...

amfgx

Without seeing it, i'm still not sure. I don't get "depression" from the song. I think it's just heavy (like gravity), perhaps the song is about depression, but i've only heard snippets of it.

does she just fall, or does she do some sort of body with it? like-- rolling around, etc. is the spinning "spinning" or is it an interpretation of the music? does it fit with the beginning? does she carry through the "heaviness" or "gravity" concept throughout?

Well, to get into details

She pops onto her feet on the first music accent.

she begins walking foward, but then is pulled backwards

she then walks foward, faster..and it pulled backwards and down to the floor

She gets up..and runs foward..and is once again pulled backwakrds, to the floor, followed by a backwards roll.

she gets up, begins doing turns, and falls (purposely, creating the loose-uncontrolled effect, still without looking spaztic.)

She picks up her flag, and tosses a 45, while still on the floor, and catches it, standingup. she begins spinning (not just spinning, but doing flagwork.)

She's not quite done yet, but she does release a Flag Triple, and turns twice under it.

Good advice I always hear regarding solos...

Try and use all of the space, every corner of the floor.

Make sure transitions are thought out. (Is there a reason, or is it at least smooth and connected?)

Maybe consider breaking it up with a different flag for a different verse or part of the song, if it is longer.

Keeping the motif (of heaviness, or lightness...playing with weight) isn't a bad idea, throwing it in every once in a while. (Especially on Flag as well as movement)

Lastly, is there variety? Variety of body facings, release points, body and equipment efforts, playing with time, phrasing...These all help.

Of course, it's the person's solo, so it's kind of their vision. There's nothing wrong with some good old fashioned mentoring and guidance though.