What is YOUR winterguard theme?

Peace/Love/GUARD

248 views and no answers. Here is one for you.

This guard is not on the national level, so the group name is irrelevant.

The show title has changed everytime we have discussed it, but I have kept with the original of "The Painting". From the begining we were going for a painting motif, thinking about going for Pictures At An Exhibition, but we moved in a different direction when I thought about using "If" by bread.....If a picture paints a thousand words, then why can't I paint you?....... Well the vocal version is rather flat and repetitive so I looked for an instrumental version and came up with Kenny G's recording. It works great with no cuts or alterations and was just the right timing for our regional A requirements.

The floor is painted with shades of blue and beige like a paint by number abstract scene with the black lines left in here and there to look incomplete. All of the form book is designed with sweeping and flowing moves like a painters brush moving across a canvas. As we progress from an opening solo, to our final flag, it is to appear that we are painting. Our final flag is actually displayed from the begining of the show. On the stage right side, we have large easels that are actually holding the painted flags. The poles are in the verticle legs of the easels and they get pulled out from the side. It is a nice effect to set up the ending of the show.

Anyway, that is our show, "The Painting".

Here is our costume:

ph1_lg_royal_gold_dress.jpg

The closing flag is made of the same material as the skirt

and is also colored simillarly. Very appropriate to our show

theme, they are made by Watercolor Dancewear.

Edited by MiniSopGuy