Crown using Vicfirth

Hey does anyone know if crown is using VicFirth this season? I also heard Lee Beddis is coming out with a alternate stick design due to the poor design of his latest model.

I'm curious about the "poor design"

I've never really liked his older version, but that is personal preference. What is poor?

And?

Is it going to make them drum cleaner or something?

The biggest thing that interest me about what sticks corps use is whether or not it'll be shown on Vicfirth.com. Otherwise I don't care too much.

It's also kindof like a drummer asking the brassline, does it matter what mouthpeices you use? Or, does it matter what brand instrument you play? There's definitely differences.

It might matter a little more, I don't know, but it's like asking that I think.

Edited by Noname

There are definite advantages and disadvantages to certain models of sticks. The Vic Firth Thom Hannums, for example, have a smaller bead than the classic Ralph Hardimans, and the very tip of the bead is flattened out more, This makes it a great practice/educational stick because if the sticks are held in the wrong position, it changes the sound drastically.