Color Guard Auditions

San Diego Alliance Color Guard Auditions are this weekend. We still ahve a few spots open, but don't miss out on a great opportunity!

Saturday and Sunday May 3-4

9:00am - 6:00 pm

El Capitan High School (check the website for address and map) www.sandiegoalliance.org

If you need more information email Chad Cornwell at cc_dancer@hotmail.com

DON"T MISS OUT ONA LEARNING EXPERIENCE FROM SOME OF THE BEST IN DRUM CORPS, WINTER GUARD, MARCHING BAND, DANCE and THEATRE.

***If you have conflicts with this weekend you can contactg Chad Cornwell for information on additional audition availability.

***IF YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR OTHER ENSEMBLES THIS WEEKEND AND ARE NOT SELECTED YOU MAY CONTACT CHAD CORNWELL TO AUDITION FOR ALLIANCE.

SAN DIEGO ALLIANCE DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE TO AUDITION. ALL MEMBER FEES ARE APPLIED TO THEIR TOUR AND RESOURCE EXPENSES (COSTUMES, EEQUIPMENT, ETC).

The topic of contracs has come up on many occasions......if you sign a contractg with one corps and are cut or decide to not march there you will have to get a release from their director. SOme corps require contracts signed up front to prevent members from marching elsewhere.......so be weary when you are asked to sign a contract (you or your parents if you are under 18).

The topic of contracs has come up on many occasions......if you sign a contractg with one corps and are cut or decide to not march there you will have to get a release from their director. SOme corps require contracts signed up front to prevent members from marching elsewhere.......so be weary when you are asked to sign a contract (you or your parents if you are under 18).

:( Umm-DCI regulations forbid persons from transferring corps after March 1st without a release from both directors. The release therefore is a DCI policy, not a individual corps policy..

The main reason for the contracts is to have legal recourse if someone skips out owing a corps money or with the corps property...this is almost a universal policy amongst DCI Member corps

Edited by bigdaddy

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the policy. However, I have learned of some programs who use this rule in a negative means.......i.e. making kids and parents sign a contract at auditions (before they are given a spot). What they then do is hold the contract over the kids so they can't march ANY other programs (even though they were cut or decided after auditions they were not interested in marching in that program).

I think this is detrimental to the kids and their families. We are supposed to be programs that encourage kids to succeed. When a director won't release a kid (who was never offered a spot or who never made a definate commitment past the auditions), that is discouraging kids from marching at all.

If someone auditions for a program I work wtih, decides they would rather march somewhere (this is before they have made a commitment to us for the season or made any financial obligations) they should have the choice to perform with an organizatino where they can succeed. Organizations should NOT make members make commitments (finanaially or other) until the auditions are complete and a spot has been officially offered.