Another Pittsburgh Review

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in as well.

First off, I love the Baldwin show, Its my home town show and I always enjoy going back there, but I always feel like the sound is very flat there. There is nothing for the sound to reverb off of, so it makes for a slightly less enjoyable experiance.

Second, I actually really liked the synthesizers, I thought they added alot, although for a couple of corps, (colts, and then maybe glassmen or cadets), they use the bass electronic sounds way to loud, it reverberated the whole stadium and to me sounded worse than the cadets narration last year... Please turn it down, a 100 contras couldn't reverberate like that so its going to sound dumb..

Third, Thank God for no narration!!! First time in 4 years I went to a show with none! Amen

Cap Reg

- Great to see them back. I think they had about 3 or 4 horn holes at least but they have about 40, lots of work to do there, someone else mentioned the 6 gaurd, hopefully they can add to that. Two of the tenors only knew the 2nd half of the show. Should be entertaining at the end of the year once everyone in the hornline starts playing, lots of indiduals sticking out. Drumline great, and great job on coming back.

Colts

- Nice to get the wake up call from the colts, like I said earlier, the bass synth was way to loud and foriegn during the loud parts, I overall enjoyed the show, thought they had some nice drum and gaurd moments. They have a big sound and could compete for finals come the end of the year.

Boston

- LOVED the opening horn hit, favorite horn moment of the night, This shoudl be a really fun show, they play loud, the crowd loved the apple bit, and the sound effects that went with it. Great job, I really thought they should have been within 4 or 3 points of crown. Seemed to end very upbrutly, I hope they change that, it was the low part of the show for me.

Glassmen

- Were closer to Boston then I thought they would be, very nice opening, hornline needs to work some balance issues, but overall pretty nice

Crown

- Favorite corps of the night, love the green plumes, Big big sound, loved the opening and how it comes back. The one middle section where the horns are playing loud and dancing about and move up to the front is just awesome. They just need to clean up there drill more at this point I feel.

Cadets

- Best marching of the night in my opinion, until they end... lol, they marched the end of the show for the first time tonight and it was obvious, it is some crazy drill and will be awesome, could be a little bit louder although at one point they do hold a power chord for about 20 seconds which really got the crowd going. I don't like the west side arrangments, to much wierd stuff going on, they should just replay the 84 arrangments in my opinion. Some phasing went on between the synths and the horns at one point too.

All in all a great time, I think crown will pass cadets, the score trend seems to be going that way, although its way to early to tell on that one. Good luck to everyone, I'll be in toledo this Thursday.

Mark