Quick Erie Thoughts

Just some quick comments

Lake Erie Sound (This is actually a men's accapela group). They were fun to listen to.

The Erie Thunderbirds!!!!

Man I love the thunderbirds, although back when I marched and we'd have to stand at parade rest waiting for retreat for 45 minutes because they never stopped playing sucked!! They went on first and played some nice tunes, and had some nice screamers.

Capital Regiment

Every time I see them they have 1 less Contra, for there sake I'm going to stop going to there shows, they were at 7 in Pittsburgh, 6 in Toledo, and 5 tonight. They are improving steadily, kind of weird between them, I thought Revolution looked cleaner and had a better sound but the musical message of Captial was much easier to understand and more clear, hopefully that makes some sense. They need to get more guard on the field as well.

Revolution

They had a nice size corps, 8 contras, but I don't think they had even 40 horns. Like I said earlier the musical message didn't really come through to me, I think its fair to have them scored about the same as Capital, I think Capital has more room to grow though.

Teal Sound

What a fun show, they had about 56 horns and had the first big horn sound of the night (They were twice as loud as Crossmen to be honest). They had three guitars which made me groan at first but it was actually pretty cool. I noticed the whole night I couldn't really hear any of the synth stuff that well. Teal Sound has an awesome Contra soli, I swear its just contras for about 45 seconds or so and I was talking to a member after the show and apparently they are going to add to it which will be awesome! however that part needs a lot of cleaning. Boggled my mind that they only won open class by 1 point...

Crossmen

This was an improvement from Toledo, its kind of hard to tell when the show starts but maybe thats the point? They get the award for most contras added in a three day span ever. They marched 9 in Toledo and 13 tonight which was nice. They really need to pump up the volume though. I think they are improving and it will be nice. I really like the ballad part where they are just standing there and playing loud, but it needs some more movement in my opinion.

Glassmen

These guys put out some sound tonight which I appreciate. Really its not that memorable to me. Typical Glassmen I'd say.

Crown

Why are these guys beating Cadets? Its beyond me. Don't get me wrong they are great and really put out some sound but they aren't as clean. I think the ending needs some more juice. Have I ever mentioned that I love 16 contras??? Well I do, and these guys are great. Looks awesome, I like all the green too.

Cadets

This almost hurts to say but this is a drum corps show! They added a little extra impact at the horn entrance to the show which really made it work well. They had synth problems and the beginning of the show was missing and when it came back it was way to loud! Other than that, great show. Every time I think West Side Story is played out, turns out someone finds something new and fun to do with it.

Overall a great show, please don't take any of my criticisms to seriously, I watch more for entertainment than judging. Till next time.

Mark

Cadets

This almost hurts to say but this is a drum corps show! They added a little extra impact at the horn entrance to the show which really made it work well. They had synth problems and the beginning of the show was missing and when it came back it was way to loud! Other than that, great show. Every time I think West Side Story is played out, turns out someone finds something new and fun to do with it.

Cadets sound guy had a bad night..............about a 5 minute wait for the guy to figure out how to re-boot....................GH pacing back and forth behind the podium the entire show was a distraction as well,..................

Edited by Gary Matczak