Beanpot Scores

Awesome job guys!!! Can't wait for the Jackson show.

This just shows the inconsistencies in judging. Wasn't 7th behind Teal Sound by a couple points just a day or two ago? Now they're almost 12?

I mean, this is what I would have expected the scores to look like anyway, with the exception of 7th probably being closer to the Raiders. I just can't believe that 7th is getting worse as they add more shows/rehearsals under their belt. It'll definitely be interesting to see how things pan out over the rest of the 1st tour up here in the northeast.

This just shows the inconsistencies in judging. Wasn't 7th behind Teal Sound by a couple points just a day or two ago? Now they're almost 12?

I mean, this is what I would have expected the scores to look like anyway, with the exception of 7th probably being closer to the Raiders. I just can't believe that 7th is getting worse as they add more shows/rehearsals under their belt. It'll definitely be interesting to see how things pan out over the rest of the 1st tour up here in the northeast.

Right now it is about the spreads. Most world class judges don't know where open scores should be. This just shows who is slightly or significantly better. Citations were barely a point behind teal now they are a little further but just closely ahead of raiders. Its all on the spreads

Edited by tubajake

Looks like that first show score really was inflated and nobody believed me. Again not to take anything away from these corps but I'm not surprised to see scores come down to Earth a little bit before they go back up. Scores get lower sometimes in drum corps. It happens. Tubajake is right, it is all about the spreads. THESE scores still even seem a bit high to me for early July open class, but we'll see as things pan out, can't wait to see these corps on fan network so we can see for ourselves.

Edited by drumcorpsfan4567

I agree with Tubajake. It really is not about the number at this point in the season. Pay attention to the spreads between the corps. Looks to me like there are some pretty fine OC corps this year. Unfortunately, open judging and world judging are different. There are many people that think they have the formula of how to compare them (ex- take away ten points...) but the bottom line is that they are different and cannot be compared. The world class judges are so focused on the world class standards that they really dont know about OC judging. Oh well. But Teal people are definitely happy with the score and feel they put on a pretty good show last night. Looks like they did. Congrats to all corps last night.

D

I agree with Tubajake. It really is not about the number at this point in the season. Pay attention to the spreads between the corps. Looks to me like there are some pretty fine OC corps this year. Unfortunately, open judging and world judging are different. There are many people that think they have the formula of how to compare them (ex- take away ten points...) but the bottom line is that they are different and cannot be compared. The world class judges are so focused on the world class standards that they really dont know about OC judging. Oh well. But Teal people are definitely happy with the score and feel they put on a pretty good show last night. Looks like they did. Congrats to all corps last night.

D

Most open class judges do both all year, which is good for the OC corps during finals week. Having Marty Griffith, Neil Sylvia, Todd Fox, Judy Ulchinsky and others top judges judging you this early is great for you when they are doing finals week for the OC corps. They know the difference.

or maybe Citations & 7th Regiment were not as good as they were in Brockton?

In a show like this the smaller corps get swallowed up. Last year in Beverly the Teal Sound beat Citations by almost 4 points and by finals it was a few tenths.

Neither corps played as well as in Brockton. Citations horns were very much off compared to the Brockton show, and 7th in my oppinion was just generally out of sync in comparison. I'm not an expert at this, just a parent who observes, but without even knowing the deep details of scoring, I'm quite sure neither corps was on thier game compared to Brockton last night.