Cadets

main one ....intensity!!!! Crown is way overated in the music area.....so they play a powerful chord progression if thats the case SCV should get overall music cause their brass is off the chain!!

and i didn't say that Cadets were better even though i think they were.....i said that there is no way that Crown beat Cadets by a solid point in music!

Are you saying that Crown had too much intensity, or not enough?

Actually, this brings up the reason I think Crown was far superior (at least a point better) to the Cadets in music. The Cadets show was all intensity... all the time. Crown's show had moments which I though were more intense than Cadets (Sensemaya).... and moments of extreme tenderness and beauty (Somewhere/Over the Rainbow). They had a much wider range of emotions.

Yes, the Cadets did play some "pretty" stuff, like the duet between the baritone and mello, but it was not played with near the amount of musicality, phrasing, or sensitivity that Crown played their pretty parts with.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well....your a crown fan and i'm a bluecoats fan....so coming from a person who really doesn't like either corps that much......cadets show was better.....not as popular but thats the way the cookie crumbles......but they were better...and why did crown change their exposed G in the jazz section? i liked it exposed.....it was a cop out when they changed it

well....your a crown fan and i'm a bluecoats fan....so coming from a person who really doesn't like either corps that much......cadets show was better.....not as popular but thats the way the cookie crumbles......but they were better...and why did crown change their exposed G in the jazz section? i liked it exposed.....it was a cop out when they changed it

That was only there for like a week. And the trumpet parts in the ballad were much, much more "exposed".... as in more difficult to pull off without fracking, being at an extremely soft dynamic when they come in.

And for the record... I consider myself just as much of a Bluecoats, or Cadets fan as a Crown fan.... I'm just calling it like I see it this year.

That was only there for like a week. And the trumpet parts in the ballad were much, much more "exposed".... as in more difficult to pull off without fracking, being at an extremely soft dynamic when they come in.

And for the record... I consider myself just as much of a Bluecoats, or Cadets fan as a Crown fan.... I'm just calling it like I see it this year.

it was there much longer then a week...cause he screwed it in san ant. but killed it in atl...and it was on before and after....it didnt change till reading

it was there much longer then a week...cause he screwed it in san ant. but killed it in atl...and it was on before and after....it didnt change till reading

OH well then that settles it. We should all just go on what we all say we are fans of since most of don't know each other and make arguments that make us look like #####. Crown was exposed way more than enough in brass and their score reflected that in the OTT award as they also performed it. I guess now you want to say that they shouldnt have won that award either.

take a breath man...its just drum corps haha.....i have my opinions. ...that doesn't mean they are perfect or even right thats just the i feel....don't take it personal skipper

Okay... sorry about that. Just to me, it seemed like the original ending of Puck (before the screamer) was in place for most of the season..... adn that had some ridiculously exposed trumpet parts.... I mean, way too exposed.

i like exposed trumpet parts but i guess thats cause i'm a trumpet player.....man i didn't even like the show but i loved that part....be bold be cocky or play a different instrument haha...just kidding but really....thats what i loved about the old school Scouts and BD and even Bluecoats some years......i want it back in drum corps