resume help

sabreboi

so i need help writing a resume to submit to drum corps. i wanna teach this coming summer i marched dci for 3 years and independent open wintergurad for two year going world this year ages out in 2008 i have been taught by members from phantom regiment bluecoats blue knights blue devils crossmen capital regiment madison scouts caviliers cadets and various other programs

could someone please help me do this i really wanna teach or tech somewhere on visual staff

so i need help writing a resume to submit to drum corps. i wanna teach this coming summer i marched dci for 3 years and independent open wintergurad for two year going world this year ages out in 2008 i have been taught by members from phantom regiment bluecoats blue knights blue devils crossmen capital regiment madison scouts caviliers cadets and various other programs

could someone please help me do this i really wanna teach or tech somewhere on visual staff

What kind of help do you need?

writing the resumer well typeing it the formats what i should put on it

the teaching job got her im my town was my old high school so they just hired me after my first summer of dci

You really have to know someone to get a teaching job with a drum corps.

Please make sure you use spell check and punctuate your resume correctly.

You really have to know someone to get a teaching job with a drum corps.

Please make sure you use spell check and punctuate your resume correctly.

Very helpful information! I agree! Have someone help you edit it if you have trouble with that kind of stuff.

As for formats -- if you have Microsoft Office (Word), there are resume templates in there that you can use. Just select one of those. If not, you can just Google "RESUME Help" and find lots of great info.

CREATE AN IDENTITY- WHICH COULD BE A SMALL LOGO OR DESIGN THAT GOES ON RESUMES/ COVER LETTERS/ BUSINESS CARDS/ ETC... KEEP IT UNIFORM. PUT YOUR IDENTITY AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. UNDER THAT WILL BE YOUR NAME, WEBSITE OR ADDRESS/ PHONE NUMBER/ EMAIL. ONLY ADD YOUR ADDRESS IF YOU DON'T HAVE A WEBSITE. THEN ADD THE FOLLOWING IN BOLD TITLES...

EXPERIENCE

EDUCATION

SKILLS

AWARDS & RECOGNITION

REFERENCES

FILL THE REST IN... KEEP IT RELEVANT TO THE JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR. MY EMAIL IS GEORGE@GEORGERAYPHOTOGRAPHY.COM. EMAIL ME AND I COULD SEND YOU MY RESUME AS AN EXAMPLE. I'M NOT IN COLOR GUARD, BUT I HAVE A BA OF ARTS.

In part, be very sure to use correct grammar & spelling in your resume as well as your online communications (all forms/media) when contacting potential guard employers.

See, regardless of your experience and teaching ability, if you want to even be considered, much less hired (and especially if you expect to be paid!), how you come across digitally/in-print is critical. You know: first impressions, right?

Present yourself like a pro and you'll more likely be perceived as pro. Otherwise, the "dude, everyone does it", rapid-texting, abbreviated wording format used on BlackBerry, Twitter, etc. will immediately peg you as a 'kid'.

Oh... and don't type everything in caps, either. ;-)

and im going like thems the facts no what i mean.

Edited by Jim Nevermann

thank you all very much your replies were very helpful i know a few people in the drum corps world i have worked with jamie oakly(blue coats) mike sloan(churhill high school, crossmen) llionel moore(madison scouts, crossmen) laura gasper (crown) they were my caption head and or techs

im gonna make a mock up resume and if i could email it to some one to help me look it over that would be greatly appreciated

thank you all very much your replies were very helpful i know a few people in the drum corps world i have worked with jamie oakly(blue coats) mike sloan(churhill high school, crossmen) llionel moore(madison scouts, crossmen) laura gasper (crown) they were my caption head and or techs

im gonna make a mock up resume and if i could email it to some one to help me look it over that would be greatly appreciated

Just remember, anyone who knows what they're doing when hiring an instructor won't really care who you marched under as much as they will care what you can produce as an instructor and whether your style will fit with their program. If you fit and you can produce, they're more likely to keep you on rather than just have you do a temporary gig.

i helped contribute to writing flag work and body work for both years in independent open winterguard and visual design for the floresville high school colorguard in 2007 should i add that in there i have also taught band camps and work for a school but unfortunately not able to keep any techs other than the band directors themselves due to budget issues. they had the captin's finish cleaning and writing the end of the show should i include that if so where on there should i include all thing im kinda in the dark