mouthpieces of yester-year

screamsop

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Doc Severinson and Al Hirt played on Jet Tone mouthpiece, but I don't think I ever personally knew anyone that played on a Jet Tone. That said, of course, I have a Jet Tone mouthpiece, tried it, didn't like, but still have it.

You know me don't you, and back in the day I had the MF flugel Jet Tone and the Al Hirt trumpet Jet Tone. They are both lying around here somewhere.

Oh, here they are, my wife is using them for doorstops.

Edited by steelcityrabbit

IMHO, I recall Schilke being the MP of choice by many of the guys I knew. The Bill Chase 6A4A was the leading candidate for the screamers. I have played the 13A4A since 1981. I am on only my second one of these.

I agree with Larrie, the Monette is definitely worth the $$$, especially if playing pro.

$315 for a mouthpiece seems a bit too high to me. I don't care who made it, unless it's solid gold!

Sorry Mr. Monette.

Totally understand where you are coming from. The $$$ isn't for the material or labor, it's for the knowledge behind the product.

The $$$ is why I still play on the $50 13A4A!

Totally understand where you are coming from. The $$$ isn't for the material or labor, it's for the knowledge behind the product.

The $$$ is why I still play on the $50 13A4A!

If it doesn't come with an unconditional, satisfaction guaranteed, warranty, then the knowledge is not worth so much $$$.

BTW you paid too much for your schilke!

:tongue: