WC Conductor/DM

That does make sense I would prefer being in the Asst. first.

I have two years left and most likely won't be able to march one because of certain private issues.

Blue Stars would be amazing.

Blue Stars has already announced its drum majors for next year.

Still would be amazing. A guy can dream right? Lol

Still would be amazing. A guy can dream right? Lol

That does make sense I would prefer being in the Asst. first.

I have two years left and most likely won't be able to march one because of certain private issues.

Blue Stars would be amazing.

good luck then

Blue Devils, Phantom, Blue Stars, Pacific Crest, and Bluecoats have all auditioned rookie conductors or DMs in the past few years. Most corps would prefer veterans in these roles, but sometimes they might accept someone from outside the corps out of necessity. For some corps, this is blasphemy, as you may have inferred from some of the responses you've received.

I was a rookie head drum major once. It was an extremely difficult role to fulfill on many different levels. It was also a very rare opportunity. If you really want to conduct as a rookie, you might be able to find a role as an assistant drum major or a conductor with no drum major status. For your only year in DCI, that is not an especially fulfilling role. I would suggest you find an Open Class corps that might actually need you, or you pick up an instrument, or you get a summer job. Otherwise you'll be learning a lot more about operating a Dr. Beat than leadership.