Reading Review?

Not dry yet - still trying to remove red stains from a white citation cord.... :thumbup:

A Marching members View,

The day was overcast and steamy. Every now and then it got a little less humid which but then just as quick as that change came it went. The sun Peaked out once and well we all cursed it.

Now to the good part. When we got to the Show site we parked in our normal area when we go to the reading show. Made our way to the showers so we thought but they changed them to the new locker room. Ok a little bit of a walk since we were on the other side but once we got there aahhhh Sorry Bush but for me this shower has taken best showers for the year not only could you adjust the showers to what you wanted but you had a shower curtain and incase you forgot your Soap a working soap dispenser. I did forget my shower stuff but it was nice to see.

Was nice to be in walking distance to wawa or a shopping center with places to eat.

The rain finally Fell at about 7 pm. Yes it poured nicely. Then it teased us with a clear sky only to get cloudy and pour some more. Thanks to the Students and The Dorm by us to let people into the lobby area.

Now as far as the show. The crowd was a Very nice sized crowd. Look pretty much near maxed out to me. It is always nice to play to a responsive Crowd. So it was a pleasure to be there and perform for you all I think and hope you enjoyed our show. Until next time

Thank you

Edited by Bond624

I was only able to catch the last 3 groups, so I apologize for not being to review the others. Please do not come after me with torches and pitchforks either. I am not out to get anyone, just stating my OPINIONS. opinions, of which are neither right nor wrong.

I have to start out by saying that I feel as though when it came to scoring, all of the Class A groups that were there got the shaft. the scores all seemed very low...

Cru: I have seen them perform several times this season, and I felt that their brass line sounded very good in Reading. I must add that it is unfortunate that their colorguard is not at the same level as the rest of the group. While executed quite well, I found myself a bit confused by their book. I enjoy Holst, but was unable to see any cohesiveness between the different selections, other than that they were all Holst. I also feel that "Jupiter" has kind of been done to death in terms of drum corps...Like I said though, nice execution.

Cabs: Last time I saw them perform was at the Kingston show, and I must admit that I felt they had a better performance there than in Reading. Don't get me wrong, they were amazing in Reading. It just seemed as if they kind of ran out of steam towards the end of their show. Also, where do I inquire to get me a pair of those swishy pants? :thumbup:

Bucs: They were amazing, and their scores showed it. I had a hard time deciding what to watch because there was so much going on (this is a compliment). There were a few drops in the guard, but the recoveries were amazing, and that's what matters. I also enjoyed how the guard had a costume change.

again, these are just my opinions. I am hoping that my review will inspire others to do the same, as reviews this season have been few and far between...

Cabs: Last time I saw them perform was at the Kingston show, and I must admit that I felt they had a better performance there than in Reading. Don't get me wrong, they were amazing in Reading. It just seemed as if they kind of ran out of steam towards the end of their show. Also, where do I inquire to get me a pair of those swishy pants? :thumbup:

Open house will be in November normally the weekend after Thanksgiving. Keep An eye on our website. (haa haa yes I just plugged us for next season.) :thumbup:

Seriously though thanks for Putting up a review. Hope you will be in Rochester.

I know Jeff is gonna do one when he dries out from all the rain that fell. Only comment I want to make concerning the show last night is that after the rain passed, we got to see a great night of drum corps!!