Conquistadors Winterguard

Conquistadors

For Release - 11/18/09

The Conquistadors Winterguard is off to a fantastic start in its' inaugural season. Executive Director Harry Eldridge explains: "I am thrilled to announce that we have met and exceeded our membership goals for the season. We had a lot more interest than we had originally planned on and I am happy to report that all interested members have received a spot on the guard."

Eldridge also went on to explain that the guard is hard at work learning the 2010 show and it looks to be a solid start.

"I felt that we were behind the 8 ball a little bit when we started. I knew that there would be some disorganization considering it is a new program and I am glad to see that things never went off task. We got a quick start compared to other directors I have talked to. I guess I was a little over-ambitious getting going due to my drum corps background. Guard is still a learning game for me as I was a horn player but the fundamentals of business are the same. I can attribute much of our early success to a strong business plan."

Those of you in Upstate New York can catch the Conquistadors in the Mid-York Color Guard Circuit at the following shows:

1/23/2010 - Homer, NY

1/30/2010 - Clifton Park, NY (Shenendehowa)

2/6/2010 - Mexico, NY

2/20/2010 - Johnstown, NY

3/6/2010 - Rotterdam, NY (Mohonasen)

3/13/2010 - Vestal, NY

3/20/2010 - Trumansburg, NY

Additional information about the program can be found at:www.conquistadorswinterguard.org