SCV Brass Arrangers over the years

Zeke

I was wondering if anyone knew who did the brass arrangements at SCV from say 1990 to like 2003. I know Tim Salzman did the arrangements in the mid- late 80's perhaps 89 or 90 being the last year he was with them.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think it's possible to forget Gail. Zeke asked about 1990-2003, so we just didn't go far enough back to list his name. (Gail was the primary arranger from what, 1970 through 1980?)

Try 1965 to 1992. In the early years he wrote and taught but always added new talent to assist in "fine tuning" the shows (Angelica, [Jack] Meehan. Sanchez, Markey, Pierson, Canales, Downey, etc...). In his later years he mostly influenced the shows versus being the primary writer (amazing since he was the director and still had his fingers in the music - he was brillant!).

:smile:

Edited by amadorj

Wow - I'm late to the game - Royer wrote from the beginning straight through to 1989. Not 100% sure about 90 and 91, but I know he wrote the 92 show. I think Jesse has it right.

Gail would give the horn staff the arrangements and we would enter them into the computer for him. Some adjustments were made in the entry process, but not so much that anyone other than Gail should be called the primary arranger.