Looking for Used Sound Equipment

Cadet311

I'm looking for anyone who might have some used audio/sound equipment or may have connections to locate something like that. I created a very make-shift sound system last year for a marching band and I'd like to try and step it up a notch or two this year.

I'm looking for the following...

-Decent Microphones - Shure SM57/58 or comparable

-Mixer with 8-12 inputs

-Speakers that have some oomph (PA style speakers)

If you have anything or know anyone that has anything, please let me know - czpercussion@mac.com or shoot me a PM. I'm looking for used because we can't afford new, especially with the budgets as they are.

Thanks for your help!

Just go to a guitar center or sam ash. They both typically carry used sound equipment which you can get for cheap. You can most likely haggle on the pricing as well, since they usually double everything from what they pay for it.

Just go to a guitar center or sam ash. They both typically carry used sound equipment which you can get for cheap. You can most likely haggle on the pricing as well, since they usually double everything from what they pay for it.

My thought was to avoid that, as I hate going to the Musical Walmarts. I figured I'd see if anyone here or a group/corps is looking to unload some stuff.

My thought was to avoid that, as I hate going to the Musical Walmarts. I figured I'd see if anyone here or a group/corps is looking to unload some stuff.

I too hate going to them, mainly cause I used to be a manager of one, and saw how corrupt it was.

I'm looking for anyone who might have some used audio/sound equipment or may have connections to locate something like that. I created a very make-shift sound system last year for a marching band and I'd like to try and step it up a notch or two this year.

I'm looking for the following...

-Decent Microphones - Shure SM57/58 or comparable

-Mixer with 8-12 inputs

-Speakers that have some oomph (PA style speakers)

If you have anything or know anyone that has anything, please let me know - czpercussion@mac.com or shoot me a PM. I'm looking for used because we can't afford new, especially with the budgets as they are.

Thanks for your help!

Check for the closest Music Go Round,they deal exclusively in used gear!

Do you have to own it? If it's only weekends / once a month / only summer, it might be cheaper to rent (baring theft / destruction).

Rock-N-Roll rentals here in Austin do renting. Otherwise craigslist + eBay + various sound forums. Guitar Center and other options too. Are you going to need to run on battery power? Or will you always have more traditional power? Generator? Batteries plus inverter(s)? You could always check for local bar closings and stuff and score once in a while. Might be cheaper than driving halfway across the country for a pickup. Check the websites of the corps that use sound equipment. They don't always advertise on here, and may only have it listed on their corps specific website. Start with the local ones if you want to save on gas.

What qualifies as a PA? Dr. Beat speaker? Or something more live performance orientated? Zoom has a 16 channel mixer / recorder (R16?). And other options. Weather proofing not included.

Do you have to own it? If it's only weekends / once a month / only summer, it might be cheaper to rent (baring theft / destruction).

Rock-N-Roll rentals here in Austin do renting. Otherwise craigslist + eBay + various sound forums. Guitar Center and other options too. Are you going to need to run on battery power? Or will you always have more traditional power? Generator? Batteries plus inverter(s)? You could always check for local bar closings and stuff and score once in a while. Might be cheaper than driving halfway across the country for a pickup. Check the websites of the corps that use sound equipment. They don't always advertise on here, and may only have it listed on their corps specific website. Start with the local ones if you want to save on gas.

What qualifies as a PA? Dr. Beat speaker? Or something more live performance orientated? Zoom has a 16 channel mixer / recorder (R16?). And other options. Weather proofing not included.

As I said earlier, I'm looking at the corps option on here but am exploring other options as well.

This is for amplifying a pit.