Sweeney Todd

bracknbras

Small production company (community theater) is doing Sweeney Todd by Sondheim. However due to the players in the orchestra and lack of funding, the company cant hire a bassoon player.

If anyone out there has a copy of the 1st Trombone part from the NON alternate Orchestration (Full Orchestration), please contact me!

Thank You!

JP

Edited by bracknbras

You might want to verify that the publisher doesn't have a problem with using alternate instrumentation. Sometimes they take exception to modifying the arrangement.

The publisher published a full and alternate orchestration. Just looking for the Trombone part from the full orchestration.

Thanks

JP

I wouldnt doubt parts of it are in tenor clef....and although a good bone player should be able to read tenor clef, not all know how

Just have your trombone player READ off of the bassoon part. Both play in bass clef...and tenor clef. It should work. You may have to simplify some of the more bassoony' passages -

Yeah they explored that option and for some reason they didnt want to go that route. Plus, with very low pay scale they wouldnt be able to afford a decent enough player to do that....

Thanks for the input! spot on!

JP

Yeah they explored that option and for some reason they didnt want to go that route. Plus, with very low pay scale they wouldnt be able to afford a decent enough player to do that....

Thanks for the input! spot on!

JP

Sorry to play Devil's Advocate here, but I doubt that the 1st 'bone book from the full orchestration is going to be that much easier than the bassoon book. As for the pay scale, I know high school trombonists who can read tenor clef. They're out there. You have to look for them.

I hope you can work things out.

Sorry to play Devil's Advocate here, but I doubt that the 1st 'bone book from the full orchestration is going to be that much easier than the bassoon book. As for the pay scale, I know high school trombonists who can read tenor clef. They're out there. You have to look for them.

I hope you can work things out.

yeah I contacted many HS band directors and people I know who teach bassoon and Trombone privately to see what else can be done!

Thanks!

JP

well if I were in town, I would do the show for free since I love it so much......and I can play 1st bone (even though I play more bass bone)...I can also read tenor clef.....Good luck finding someone....that is an awesome show.