Woodstock, Ga 8/7/10

Shen Sound - saw them from the sideline. Improved corps this year with a better show selection. South Pacific I think ? Lots of heart out there.

Sun Devils - Much improved corps - at least 5 pts better than when I saw at prelims last year. The strong brass is the heart of this corps, CG is improved, drill is better. Percussion is decent.

Front ensemble is good sized but didn't project? (vote for amps) I like the new uni's, they really pop. They are having fun with this show and look confident.

CV - show is much better this year. Major improvement. Higher energy. Nice package with improved percussion and drill and solid brass and CG. The large CG really make you notice the show.

I can only guess that they should move up a couple of positions at finals this year.

Alliance - For whom the bell Tolls - they have a big bell out there, nice touch and I like the guard in those first costumes. after that ? Brass line looks bigger this year. Nice sound

Alliance does not need amps. that front ensemble is very very good. Field percussion is to die for.

I like Alliance a lot but it will be tougher for them this year to match that Dynamo show energy from last year. But they look like they have more room for improvement as they will get cleaner.

These 2 open class corps show the strengths they have and it somewhat harder to pick a winner. I would guess they are about even but I think CV has a more complete show package this year

I don't know any tunes or show design stuff. Somebody else will have to fill that in. I have only seen the Woodstock show.

Edited by hotdogchompa

Thanks for the review! Sound is working very hard at being a major player in "Class A" competition. We have a long road ahead but we are making progress.