Quick Crown Point Review

There's plenty to read on this board so I'll keep my observations quick and to the point.

Weather: Awesome!

Venue: Small but a nice view.

Crowd: -_- Asleep. (Sorry to harp on this in all my posts but it really bugged me!)

On to the corps:

Scenic City: Confidence is the key. Right now they are lacking in all sections, but that's no surprise when the corps is so small and made up of younger members. Once they learn their parts and get some confidence they will be fine.

Glory Cadets: Battery operated. Very nice battery playing and they weren't overbearing despite being a large section. The horns had a little difficulty with tempos and the pit was not audible. Once they get that worked out they'll have a fine show.

Southwind: Nice brass sound. Someone else reviewed that their strength was in their upper registers. I have to agree with them on that one. Overall it was a nice show.

Colts: Schools of fish. Early on their program they had a few drill moves where the entire block was redirecting and it reminded me of schools of fish. Very nice show overall. I enjoyed the music and from what I could tell the drill wasn't too bad either. Once they clean up they will be fighting for a finalist spot.

Madison Scouts: They're back! Sort of. This was a binary show - they were either on or they were off. But when they were on, they were hot. I didn't like the uniforms in pictures and I didn't really like them in daylight, but on the field at night they looked sharp! Although I prefer their old uniforms. I thought their placement was accurate. Having seen both the Glassmen and Phantom live I would have scored Madison somewhere in between. I guess the judges agreed.

Cavaliers: Insanely difficult. I didn't much care for this show when I saw them in Toledo which was upsetting to me because I have loved their last 3 shows. I certainly appreciate what they are trying to do, but I think I need to watch it from upstairs a few times to really get the enjoyment out of it. The show is starting to grow on me but it still leaves me emotionally flat.

Glassmen: Loud! These guys/gals have some lung power. I'm digging this show a lot sooner than I did last years show. By the time Finals arrived I ended up loving last years show, so we'll see if this show has the same effect on me. There's some guard work that needs to be completed and I think their scores will start rising once they do.

Well, that's all folks. A little longer than I intended but it's so hard to keep it to just one sentence each! :huh: