Pittsfield Red Knights part of BCC Music Program

Hi, I was officially informed today by Head of the Music Department, Music Professor Ellen Shanahan of Berkshire Community College, Pittsfield, MA, that the Red Knights Drum & Bugle Corps is now part of the school's Music Program.

A series of music ensemble courses to earn college credits for corps members who participate is being implemented. This includes members who are in the High School age bracket. Briefly, a person can play with the corps and have their progress evaluated in order to earn credits. The first course will be offered during the coming Spring semester, beginning January 24, 2011 and ending May 19, 2011. The course is MUSIC-151-01 "Introduction To Music Ensemble and Technique", and earns 1 credit for the semester. The next course would be MUSIC-151-02. The school is considering adding a MUSIC-151-03 and 04. Anyone who is interested can contact Professor of Music Ellen Shanahan at Berkshire Community College in Pittsfield, MA. Ellen is a great person and very easy to talk to. She would be happy to give you the information you need and point you in the right direction. Just tell her you are with the Red Knights or are considering playing for the Red Knights, and would like to participate in the program for college credits. She can be reached at 1 (413) 236-4703 or eshanaha@berkshirecc.edu . If you have any High School aged children, or know of any High School aged musicians who would like to earn college credits in Music Ensemble, please pass this along to them. I can also be contacted. my cell number and email follow. Thank You, Paul Christopher, Director Red Knights Drum & Bugle Corps, Pittsfield, MA 1 (413) 281-1216 .. paulchris0214@verizon.net .. http://pittsfieldredknights.com .

Bump It

Hi, I was officially informed today by Head of the Music Department, Music Professor Ellen Shanahan of Berkshire Community College, Pittsfield, MA, that the Red Knights Drum & Bugle Corps is now part of the school's Music Program.

A series of music ensemble courses to earn college credits for corps members who participate is being implemented. This includes members who are in the High School age bracket. Briefly, a person can play with the corps and have their progress evaluated in order to earn credits. The first course will be offered during the coming Spring semester, beginning January 24, 2011 and ending May 19, 2011. The course is MUSIC-151-01 "Introduction To Music Ensemble and Technique", and earns 1 credit for the semester. The next course would be MUSIC-151-02. The school is considering adding a MUSIC-151-03 and 04. Anyone who is interested can contact Professor of Music Ellen Shanahan at Berkshire Community College in Pittsfield, MA. Ellen is a great person and very easy to talk to. She would be happy to give you the information you need and point you in the right direction. Just tell her you are with the Red Knights or are considering playing for the Red Knights, and would like to participate in the program for college credits. She can be reached at 1 (413) 236-4703 or eshanaha@berkshirecc.edu . If you have any High School aged children, or know of any High School aged musicians who would like to earn college credits in Music Ensemble, please pass this along to them. I can also be contacted. my cell number and email follow. Thank You, Paul Christopher, Director Red Knights Drum & Bugle Corps, Pittsfield, MA 1 (413) 281-1216 .. paulchris0214@verizon.net .. http://pittsfieldredknights.com .

Bump

Great for the students and the corps, congratulations!

Thanks for the feedback Mike, Keeping the Faith ... LOL .... Paul C. Red Knights