regional finals

cmguard87

I am confused, do all A class participants at regionals make finals??? I looked at the finals schedule for Liverpool and it showed every SA guard makes finals? Yet the WGI handbook says 50% of A class guards make finals.... Why is this?

Edited by cmguard87

I am confused, do all A class participants at regionals make finals??? I looked at the finals schedule for Liverpool and it showed every SA guard makes finals? Yet the WGI handbook says 50% of A class guards make finals.... Why is this?

It probably has to do with lack of entries/financials more so than anything else. I think in this instance, it's the right decision.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

According to the WGI Hand Book

The number of finalists at all Regionals shall be determined by the formula of 100% of World Class, 75% of Open Class and 50% of A Class color guards. The maximum number of finalists in any class shall never exceed the maximum number at World Championships of fifteen (15) color guards.

Each Finals contest will accept a minimum of three (3) finalists in each class.

• In cases where applying the finalist percentages would eliminate only one (1) color guard, all would advance to Finals. The percentage is also rounded to the nearest whole number when determining number of finalists.

The number of finalists at all Power Regionals Finals shall be applied using the same method as Regionals (see above) with the maximum number of eight (8) finalists in every class. In cases where the number of finalists does not reach eight (8), the Director of Color Guard has sole discretion to increase the number of finalists in any other class based on the total number of entries and time permitting. Each Finals contest will accept a minimum of three (3) finalists in each class. Regional A Class color guards do not advance to Finals.