Just got back from Louisville.

Just got back from Louisville, Ky show (3 hour drive to Nashville). Here are some real quick comments then I gotta hit the sack. More detail in another post later.

Pappa John's is a GREAT stadium for drum corps and the weather was beautiful tonight! Very good turnout... maybe about 7 or 8,000 fans.

On the downside there was only ONE entrance open to the stadium parking area for both fans AND corps busses. It took forever to get in. Also not enough councession stands were open and the corps souvie stands were right next to the consessions so there were a LOT of lines and traffic under the stands.

Now some quick comments about some of the corps...

Eklipse -- Great job tonight for your premier! I thought you should have beaten Marion Glory. Very impressive for your first show. You should be extremely proud. Better hornline than I was expecting. EXCELLENT GUARD!

Crown -- LOVE the new uniforms (corps and guard) and the guard is wonderful. Carol Of The Bells is awesome at the end! Very well designed show and very entertaining.

Glassmen -- I like this show much better than in the past few years. Very well written and enjoyable to watch and hear.

Scouts -- This is a truly Madison show but it is more controlled than we have seen in the past. The guard is much improved. Marching is very crisp as usual. Excellent ending.

Spirit -- VERY mature corps this year. The hornline is light years ahead of last year and the trumpet section rocks! The guard is also much better than '02. Very clever show using the hourglass motif.

Bluecoats -- Nice show. Very clean. Great guard.

Magic -- Cool move passing thru the cymbal line at the end. Very exciting show all around.

Cadets -- Fanfare and Allegro is very nice... love the middle horn licks at the end. Malaguena is terriffic! Trumpet features brought the house down. Rocky Point is too choppped up. I'm yearning more for the old original version. Z-PULL at the end!!! Nice surprise! Will you keep it all year long? Knowing Cadets, probably not. Tsk tsk.

Cavies -- Guard uniforms, although they are really loud, they work well in the show. You really do need those knee pads! Hornline is once again very controlled. Battery is having some issues. The "cycle" idea is showing thru especially at the end and it's cool. Nice lead trumpets! Dril is outstanding. I'll have to wait till Murfreesboro to decide if you're capable of a 4-peat. I think BD and Phantom might give you the toughest competition.

Good night everyone. (Or rather good morning... it's 2:30 a.m. CST now.) See you in Evansville, Murray and Murfreesboro.

dci messed up my directions there....so i got lost....missed first 4 corps........dci didnt open enough concessions.....missed first 4 corps.....dci took forever just to get me my will call tickets....missed first 4 corps...........dci makes me mad and now i am ######............time to write a letter to them............