Bobby Bellarosa

ALL...spoke to Bobby who just now got out of the hospital after suffering a seizure. I know that he'll get ###### at me, but please drop him a note when you have a chance...............thanks.....mario

kiddbell@aol.com

ALL...spoke to Bobby who just now got out of the hospital after suffering a seizure. I know that he'll get ###### at me, but please drop him a note when you have a chance...............thanks.....mario

kiddbell@aol.com

Hi, It was 1971 if I remember right. The corps of Pittsfield, MA had broken up in the late 60's. We were trying to make a comeback, but we needed horns. I got a call from a Bob BellaRosa from New York City. He told me he had some horns to sell, and the price for all would be $900.00. Cheap to today's standards. I told him we had to raise the money, could he hold the horns for us. He said OK. We did raise the money. Bob, then told us to meet him in Brooklyn, NY. We were to call him when we arrived. Well, myself and another corps member traveld by car down to Brooklyn. We went into a corner tavern and called Bob. He said he knew where the tavern was and to meet him on the corner. We went outside to the corner. After a fair amount of time this huge yellow Cadillac pulls up to the curb.

Out comes the driver. We looked at each other, said are you so and so, and affirmed that we each were. Bob went to the car trunk which also was huge, opened it up, and there were all of the horns we wanted to buy. I gave Bob the $900.00 cash, and he gave us the horns. We exchanged phone numbers and addresses, shook hands, and departed back to our homes. That was my one and only encounter with Bob BellaRosa, but I have never ever forgotten it to this day. To end this story, Bob BellaRosa was at the time writing and distributing a drum and bugle corps newspaper, sort of like Drum Corps News, only it was called something else. I started receiving these drum corps newspapers in my mailbox. Bob had given me a year's subscription to his paper ... Free. Bob.... you probablly don't remember me or our meeting, but I have never ever forgotten you. I truly hope for your speedy recovery ... THANK YOU !!

........ Paul Christopher, Director, Red Knights Drum & Bugle Corps .... Pittsfield, MA

Bobby still publishes Eastern Review with all kinds of historical stuff... great reading... send him an email... sure he would appreciate it.

lol

he did... read the post again

thanks for posting this Mario.....Bobby 'Kid Bell' Bellarosa has been a fabulous representative and supporter of the activity in so many ways.........notwithstanding his museum and collection of pic's uni's, instruments and other memorabilia......always a special guy in my book

• Like 1