Just $5

No doubt about it, times are tough. We love being part of the drum & bugle corps world, but economic hits make participating in the activity a lot harder, so we’re turning to you for help!

The San Francisco Renegades is asking our brothers and sisters in this wonderful activity to lend us a hand by giving us a donation of "Just $5"

It may not sound like much – and it’s not! This small request can add up to great things if everyone here donated just $5 to our cause.

To donate online go to
. If you wish to mail a check, please send me an email to
and I will send you a mailing address.

Our goal for this fundraiser is $7,500.00 for the month of June.

On behalf of The San Francisco Renegades - we thank you! We can only succeed this year with your support.

-7-

Edited by malletphreak
  • Like 2

Hi DCP collective

Call this is a testimonial if you will.....

I participated with Dream on the field in 2010. I have also participated with Renegades in CNY, as well as a rare opportunity ito march on the field at finals last year. Before that..I took the field with the return of DCI's first champions The Kingsmen in their 07 performance at the Rose Bowl. In 09, I participated in the first competitive Kingsmen corps in 20 years when the Kingsmen Sr.corps took the field.

While we hear a lot about east coast happenings and traditions- please keep in mind your not to distant brothers on the west coast, are slowly building those traditions. We don't have the Barnum ,Wildwood , Serenade in Brass or Allentown. But we do have an Anaheim Halloween Parade, a phenomenol parade through the city in San Fran - and if you hang in the parking lot or get into the stands at Riverside, Walnut, Stanford or Stockton...you may meet a collection of guys and gals who were part of some of the finest horn lines, color guards, and drumlines in DCI history. The stands, lots, and corps are full of guys from SCV, Kingsmen, BD, VK, Freelancers, and many, many ,others.

I am not an official spokesperson for these corps..just a past participant. But I have had some of the best times of my life because of what these corps gave me.

This year, unfortunately I cannot march due to a rather unexpected but necessary job transfer that occurred in April. Of course, tHis move has taken me a couple thousand miles from my friends. But these corps will always be my friends and familly just as Cabs, Bucs, and legacy corps are family to so many people.

So when I hear they need some help, and really, for whatever reason why... you bet I am there. It's not only for the reasons of me being an alumni or veteran of the corps. It is also for the larger picture of seeing and being part of drum corps history. The continued growth and stability of the all age/ alumni movement on the west coast.

In that spirit, I would like for you all to give a little bit of your time for Dream, and give a vote to their cause. With Gades, just 5 bucks

Helps them to their fund raising goals. The travel to Rochester is obviously expensive ...who knows if the powers that be will once again put us back to 4.00 a gallon again.....But deep down, having more corps attend gives you the spectator more entertainment...not only this..but the knowledge that DCA IS growing and reaches everywhere.

Please help these corps, who not only travel thousands of miles to the east coast every year...but also provide great experiences for so many people in a burgeoning all age region. Help your drum corps friends on the West Coast in building their traditions...vote for Dream and 5 dollars for Renegades. It's that easy.....

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 2

Thanks Wil!!!

You guys every little bit helps! Things are really rough this year financially (understatement of the year). I really really hope that the corps can get the funds together to make it the entire season since it's my first marching since 2007. It's fun to be back and I can't wait to see everyone in Rochester!

• Like 2

Thanks Wil!!!

You guys every little bit helps! Things are really rough this year financially (understatement of the year). I really really hope that the corps can get the funds together to make it the entire season since it's my first marching since 2007. It's fun to be back and I can't wait to see everyone in Rochester!

:ph34r:

And many of us await your return as well Lisa.. :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing the Evil Empire at the DoubleTree..

Pat

• Like 2

Click-Click-Boom! Donation complete!

• Like 2

huge thanks to all that have donated so far. this is gonna go on until the end of the month so keep em coming :)

• Like 1

you know i've got to support my family.. and there's NO WAY i'm going to allow the Renegades to not be able to perform at Championships!

i'm thinking we need to host a DCA Championships just maybe.. just maybe.. for one year.. just so everyone on the East knows how much of a struggle it is for the West coast to struggle making it over there each and every year. doubt that's going to happen though :unhappy:

DCA Championships OR bust.

donated!!

come on guys... sacrifice a lunch or coffee for a day. that's all it takes.. along with a couple hunderd other people doing the same thing.. :music: