Crusaders and Music City?

Any fans out there...can we get an update?

How are the shows coming? Think they will challenge for top 5? top 3? top 1?

I can't believe that Music City will only be performing its second show in a week from now.

And that Oregon has three weeks of rehearsal before its next show on the 26th.

Can't wait to see them,

Cali.

Hey there,

In regards to OC, as someone that has been out to rehearsals, I can honestly tell you that the show is making huge strides everyday. Coming out with a full show was difficult but is now paying off as the corps and staff only need focus on cleaning and not "learning" during this second set of all days. That has never happened in the history of OC. Smart and effective changes are being made across the board and the members are quickly building up their endurance to really make this show hum. That "magic" moment when a corps changes in a season -- you all know what I'm talking about -- has happened and things are really beginning to move.

Where do I see this corps when it's all said and done? I really think that retaining a top 3 placement is in the cards. As a program, everything is firing on all cylinders.

I'm excited for Open Class this season. As is the case in World Class, there are lots of groups that have oceans of talent amongst members/staff and great shows that showcase the talent.

Cheers!

Edited by Madrid

Hey there,

As someone that has been out to rehearsals, I can honestly tell you that the show is making huge strides everyday. Coming out with a full show was difficult but is now paying off as the corps and staff only need focus on cleaning and not "learning" during this second set of all days. That has never happened in the history of OC. Smart and effective changes are being made across the board and the members are quickly building up their endurance to really make this show hum. That "magic" moment when a corps changes in a season -- you all know what I'm talking about -- has happened and things are really beginning to move.

Where do I see this corps when it's all said and done? I really think that retaining a top 3 placement is in the cards. As a program, everything is firing on all cylinders.

I'm excited for Open Class this season. As is the case in World Class, there are lots of groups that have oceans of talent amongst members/staff and great shows that showcase the talent.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update. The Open Class forum has been a little dead these days.

Glad to hear things are going well for the Crusaders. I always look forward to that time in the season when I can finally see them. Next year I'm driving to Oregon!

Cali.

Music City is having their fan preview tomorrow in Franklin, TN at Freedom Middle School... I believe they leave Friday for the St. Louis area... don't rely on that though go check their site.

Music City is having their fan preview tomorrow in Franklin, TN at Freedom Middle School... I believe they leave Friday for the St. Louis area... don't rely on that though go check their site.

Hey guys, we have made huge strides this week. We lost a little time a couple days where we felt it would be better to do some inside regearsal rather than beat them with the 110 plus heat indices. We have a preview show tonight here at Freedom Middle School in Franklin, TN. If you are in the Nashville area, come on out this evening and cath the show. We will start warming up just a few minutes after 6 pm. We have the entire show on the field, with all music. We have been in everydays for less than two weeks now, so we have really worked hard to get where we are. On the brass side, I think we had an epiphany moment today with how to use our air better. Our music is very hard. We play tonal music that everyone knows, and some of the parts are very hard. I'm a trumpet player, and some of these parts would be very hard for me. We demand a lot from our kids visually also, so hopefully everything continues to come together over the next few weeks.

I'll try to keep posting when I can, but forgive me if I can't get to the Internet much. This is all on my iPhone, and I'm pretty busy right now ;).

Come out and see the show!

Please nobody take this the wrong way....

I was at the preview and realize this was the first run in uniforms, etc.etc.etc. However, this is July 14th and there is not that much time left in the season to begin with.

The horns sounded pretty good at first, and then they started marching.... You can hear the feet coming out of the bells of the horns big time and that's throughout the entire show. Many of the performers - horns, percussion, and colorguard looked like they were scared to death and the corps as a whole was very hesitant, which also probably had something to do with my read of the show. And I emphasize it was their first run in uniforms.

I think I understand where they are trying to take this show.... I am just not sure it's going to make it to that place though. They are big and can be loud, but that will only get you so far.

The colorguard book appears to still be missing at least 1/4 of the show. If it isn't, there needs to be some serious rethinking of the work. I don't get the whole hoola hoop looking section. It doesn't read at all.

The best part of the entire show was the Tennessee Waltz section and while they gave me a nice ahhhhh moment. I think the work needs to be bigger, much. much, much bigger and maybe larger flags as well. I could be wrong, but that's my read.

I want to emphasize that this was not in a stadium and was their first performance of the entire show, so I am sure I missed bunches with what was going on backfield and missed tons of the drill. My hope is that I didn't catch a lot and just kinda missed it all together, because I really do want them to do well this year.

To me it seems like they have put way too many songs from way too many genres into this show and it was just very disconnected on this first read... emphasis first read... I have always been one who likes the KISS method for open class corps shows... Keep it simple stupid... It's what we did when I was still teaching and it usually paid off for the corps I was with.

Like I said... I am hoping for big things from Music City and this was their first performance in uniform and in front of a crowd. I wish them nothing but the best!

Edited by NashvillePat
  • Like 1

Please nobody take this the wrong way....

I was at the preview and realize this was the first run in uniforms, etc.etc.etc.

<snip>

Thanks for the update. I guess those of us that expected an explosive show from MC this season, may need to temper our expectations just a bit (or not, we will see).

The thing that I cannot believe is that Music City will only be performing its 2nd official performance before an audience -- with only 20 days left until the Open Class prelims. :huh2:

I do understand that with a large corps like this, trying to get things together, that sometimes its beneficial to have lots of 9-9's between shows....however an entire month between competitions?

Tomorrow BDB leaves for Southern California to face off against SCVC and others and performing in its 7th and 8th shows. The amount of experience that the blue devils B and vanguard cadets are gaining is quite the advantage (imho). The staffs for those two corps will have judge's comments from eight shows before MC has it's second.

Anyway, I hope MC can pull it all together. Time is running short. As much as we hate to admit it, the season will be over in a month.

Cali.

• Like 1