fan network problem!

Hello all,

In the interest of getting information out more quickly, here's an event "Heads-Up" for an issue we had today.

For the first 80 minutes of the show today, we had a situation where some people on the Eastern coastal areas (generally) and without exception in the EDT zone, were not able to see the live stream. This outage was based upon an Akamai network connectivity problem.

Our solution was to activate our secondary stream, and notify users to move to the second stream. We did this after finding the geography of the accounts not working, and ensuring this was not a DCIFN code issue. This appears to have worked well worldwide. We are going to continue the second stream throughout, and we will assess whether the primary or backup is most appropriate for DVR playback after the show ends. (No lower-thirds on backup.)

This issue was not based upon any setting or process we had here, and was not reproducible on site. It also was not testable, nor was it forecastable. In theory, this is an issue which should be corrected at the network (internet backbone) level, and was not. We will continue to monitor the situation, but at this time all viewers are able to watch the stream, as expected, live or at any point on the stream.

If you are having SPECIFIC user account issues, please check in with the live chat team. If you are initially affected, please try the Minneapolis2 feed.

• Like 1

Hello all,

In the interest of getting information out more quickly, here's an event "Heads-Up" for an issue we had today.

For the first 80 minutes of the show today, we had a situation where some people on the Eastern coastal areas (generally) and without exception in the EDT zone, were not able to see the live stream. This outage was based upon an Akamai network connectivity problem.

Our solution was to activate our secondary stream, and notify users to move to the second stream. We did this after finding the geography of the accounts not working, and ensuring this was not a DCIFN code issue. This appears to have worked well worldwide. We are going to continue the second stream throughout, and we will assess whether the primary or backup is most appropriate for DVR playback after the show ends. (No lower-thirds on backup.)

This issue was not based upon any setting or process we had here, and was not reproducible on site. It also was not testable, nor was it forecastable. In theory, this is an issue which should be corrected at the network (internet backbone) level, and was not. We will continue to monitor the situation, but at this time all viewers are able to watch the stream, as expected, live or at any point on the stream.

If you are having SPECIFIC user account issues, please check in with the live chat team. If you are initially affected, please try the Minneapolis2 feed.

Thanks... where on DCI.org can I see a link for the minneapolis2 feed or chat with a member of the team? Found the live chat link and that doesn't work.

Edited by DefenderAlum

You can't. Go to dci.thefannetwork.org for that.

Like the original post, my fan network tab, or link, pops open and is blank. it will not load.

I "arrived late to the party" (dang work schedule!) and had no problems logging in to FN, but saw the two live feeds listed and had no idea why...when I tried the first, I got a message that the video was not available. When I clicked on the second, I got a look at the performance order, I had audio, but NO video. Live chat said I had a 20+ minute wait, so I logged completely OUT of FN, logged back in, and went directly to the Minneapolis 2 feed-and at that point I was able to get the video as well. At no point did I ever see anything about going directly to the "2" feed. Maybe this will help somebody else! BTW, drumcat thanks for all you do for us! :worthy:

so i'm trying to log onto my fan network and everytime i type my email and password the fan network loging popup just goes blank. how can i fix this?

Encourage DCI to use a provider and technology not left over from the dotcom era.

If it doesn't work on all devices... no reason to currently be using it.

Yet, technical issues are only the first set of issue with fan network. The amount of dead air for the live broadcasts is crazy.